Disney costume patterns

teacherlady19

Original Poster
So which company (Simplicity, McCalls, Butterick) has the contract these days for "official" looking Disney costumes? Who might have ideas on how to do the costuming "on the cheap"?

My MS students just chose "Beauty and the Beast Jr" as their spring musical. So now I'm thinking: ACK! How do I costume this show? I'm the director, so I just have to get different kids and parents going on the costumes.

Frankly, buying the ready-made costumes is too high priced for us. Belle's ball gown alone starts at $125. Beast's costume is about the same. We don't have that kind of a budget. So sewing is going to be the way for us to do this.

I've got some ideas for Cogsworth, Lumiere, and Wardrobe. I'm a little stuck on Mrs. Potts and Chip, so if anyone has an idea that they'd like to "chip in" (pun intended) I'd love to hear it too.

Thanks in advance!

Donna

teacherlady19

Original Poster
As it turns out....no Beauty and the Beast for us. A local school had beaten us to the contract. I gave them a choice of others, and they chose the non-Disney Willy Wonka. The good thing? The costumes are a LOT easier!

Donna

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom