Disney collection help

Zgrant123

Original Poster
I have been left with a Disney collection, unsure of what things are worth or how to sell to someone. Is there knowledgeable people that sell Disney collectibles, would sell as one big lot. One piece at a time would be way to tedious to do. I live in St Augustine Florida, any help or info would help please.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Depending on the type of collection - i.e. art, ear hats, pins, dvds, popcorn buckets, etc. - you might want to find a forum dedicated to those collectors. But to be honest, if you're not willing to put in the effort to sell it individually, you're only likely to get pennies on the dollar (assuming it's not just mass produced stuff nobody wants) from someone willing to go to the trouble of valuing it all.

Plus, based on where you live, while it is Disney central there, there are also tons of people amassing and then trying to unload their collections, too.

If you need to get the $ out of the collection, you'll have to put in the time to find values and sell over time (if any of it is worth anything). Or go to a collectibles show (once those start up again) and try and find a buyer or get a table and sell it yourself there. Otherwise, if you don't have a sentimental attachment to any of it and don't need the funds, you can donate it all to charity and take a tax writeoff.

But I'll note in general "Disney collection" can mean anything worth zero to millions. And no one will know what you're referring to unless you post more details and/or pics.

thomas998

Throw up some photos and you might get some insight. But simply asking about unloading a collection and giving no real information on what it is who knows.

I wouldn't however take the tax right off as the other post suggested, it can sometimes be questioned as to what the value of the donated items actually was when you start doing your taxes, as you have no clue now what the collection is worth do you really think you'll have a better idea by next year when you are filling out your taxes? Donating items for tax rights offs is a good solution if you don't want to sell the stuff yourself, but you do need to know the value of what you are donating.

There is also the option of just plopping the stuff on ebay and letting the buyers decide what it is worth.

But unless you have some special items and items in the original boxes that are rare, the value of the collection is likely less than what you think it is.

Magic Crush Drop

But unless you have some special items and items in the original boxes that are rare, the value of the collection is likely less than what you think it is.
I would like to add on that not everything that Disney makes a ''collective'' people would buy on the 2nd market (ex Disney keys) or people would buy them but it's only a fad (ex Tsum Tsums)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom