Disney Club Card?

Lindy

We are trying to decide if the Disney Club Card is worth the $40.

We are going in Nov and will be buying a 5 day hopper for 6 people.

What are your suggestions and experiences? Is it worth it or not?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Normal 5 Day Adult Hopper is $230
Disney Club 5 Day Adult Hopper is $220

So across your 6 guests, you will save $60 if you have a Disney Club Card.

Plus you will have the other benefits of owning the Disney Club card. :)

Some sample offers:
Seasonal Discounts at Selected Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels.
Stay in the middle of the magic...day and night with savings of up to 20% off!

Get TWO movies FREE* And personalized letters from a favorite Disney character!
Join now and not only will you get two FREE* movies for joining The Disney Movie Collection by Mail.

"2-PARK" PREMIUM ANNUAL PASSPORT
The Disney Club Members save $10!

Discounts on Walt Disney World® Park Hopper Pass
Get the convenient Park Hopper® Pass. 4-day and 5-day passes are available.

You can get more information is available by going to www.disneyclub.com or by contacting The Disney Club member services center at 800/618-3601.

Upvote 0

tigger1968

I have found the card to be well worth the price. Not only can you use it in the parks for things like tickets and lodging, you can use it on purchases at Disney Store, as well as catalog and online at the Disney Store website. You generally get 10% off your purchase, including sale items.

Upvote 0

tigger1968

Right now there is a promotion where you can get 20% off your purchase at The Disney Store with your DC card. It runs until Sept. 29. My mother in law got an Atlantis playset for her grandson that was 75% off, then she got the 20% off on top of that. It was originally $20.00, and she got it for $4.00! There are apparently some restrictions, but I don't know what they are. Also, you can't use the 20% for catalog or online, but you still get your regular 10%.

Upvote 0

disneydentist

Originally posted by tigger1968
Right now there is a promotion where you can get 20% off your purchase at The Disney Store with your DC card. It runs until Sept. 29. My mother in law got an Atlantis playset for her grandson that was 75% off, then she got the 20% off on top of that. It was originally $20.00, and she got it for $4.00! There are apparently some restrictions, but I don't know what they are. Also, you can't use the 20% for catalog or online, but you still get your regular 10%.
One restriction is that you only get 10% on pre-orders like videos and dvd's.

Upvote 0

Figgy

Our Disney Stores do not allow the regular 10% on sale merchandise. And the special 20% is with a postal card and Disney Credit Card. Also says not valid in combination with any other offer or discount.

Upvote 0

mickeyfan

At our Disney Store I always get the 10% even on sale items. I also like the fact that the subscription to the Disney Magazine is included in the membership. I collect them. I have magazines that go as far back as 1995. Interesting to look through some of the old ones to see the changes.

Upvote 0

disneydentist

Originally posted by Figgy
Our Disney Stores do not allow the regular 10% on sale merchandise. And the special 20% is with a postal card and Disney Credit Card. Also says not valid in combination with any other offer or discount.

I, too, have always gotten the 10%on sale items. I just used the card at two different Disney stores in the Philadelphia and got the 20% just by showing the card with no questions asked.

Upvote 0

Figgy

I shop in three different malls in Chesapeake and Virginia Beach, VA. If I get something on sale, they do not honor the card's extra 10%. I did get the 20% with the postcard I received plus charging it on my Disney Charge Card. Got a few T-shirts for $6 and a Mickey umbrella for around $8.50.

Upvote 0

tigger1968

It's interesting how the discounting seems to vary from store to store. I have used my card at Disney Stores in Birmingham and Huntsville, Alabama, and I get the 10% discount off my total transaction, sale or not. Also, I recently asked a CM at my local store when they might be planning to carry adult clothing again, as I for one am getting tired of seeing nothing but kid clothing and toys. I was told "no time soon" and that apparently the adult clothing did not take off in some regions. She told me that it would be pretty much limited to sleepwear and maybe some t-shirts.

Upvote 0

mickeyfan

Originally posted by tigger1968
It's interesting how the discounting seems to vary from store to store. I have used my card at Disney Stores in Birmingham and Huntsville, Alabama, and I get the 10% discount off my total transaction, sale or not. Also, I recently asked a CM at my local store when they might be planning to carry adult clothing again, as I for one am getting tired of seeing nothing but kid clothing and toys. I was told "no time soon" and that apparently the adult clothing did not take off in some regions. She told me that it would be pretty much limited to sleepwear and maybe some t-shirts.

I went to our disney store last weekend and I was disappointed in the merchandise selection as well. They didn't even have any of the nice Halloween stuff that they have in the catalog. I was very disappointed. Couldn't even find anything that I wanted to buy and get my 20% discount on!! My what is this world coming to!:hammer:

Upvote 0

Chris

We have been members for several years (going back to the Magic Kingdom Club Days). I have found the card to be a money saver for rooms and tickets. I usually save between 100 and 200 a year on room rates and ticket costs. I have only used it a few times at the Disney Store. They closed our local store and I have not really tried their internet store.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom