Disney Christmas Parade taping?

Huck

Am I correct in remembering, the Christmas Parade broadcast is taped prior to airing?

If this is true, does anyone know when it will be taped? I thought if it will be taped during our Dec. trip, maybe I can try and get my adorable kids on TV.

Blizz

A lot of the people you see on tv watching the parade are cast members. So if you know one... ask them. They get a notice about it on the portal inviting them to attend the taping.

Upvote 0

PixyDust

I've posted this before, but we really got our hopes up in 2003 when the cameraman kept his camera on my son for several minutes during the taping, only to watch the parade over and over with no sign of my son. Very disappointing, however, we'll be trying again this year. Only we'll be decked out in more Disney attire! I think that's why we didn't get on TV last time - as I watched most people had on WDW hats, sweatshirts, etc.

Upvote 0

csm7030

When I was a kid, we waited out in the rain for a couple hours to watch the "LIVE" Disney Easter parade on Easter Sunday. When we went back to our room at the Yacht Club we caught the parade on television. On the broadcast it was very sunny and not a cloud in the sky. This was when we first learned that they tape the parades ahead of time. The problem is that during the broadcast the corner of the screen read "LIVE" and the announcers kept saying "live from Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida". It was very disappointing. Not as much that the parade was taped, but that they portrayed it as being live.

I am pretty sure that neither the Disney Christmas parade or Disney Easter parade were televised in our area last year. I always look forward to them, but could not find them on ABC.

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

I was wondering when the taping would be as well. We will be @ WDW from 11/25-12/4.

Is there any way to find out in advance, a definite day for the taping?

Do they just tape the afternoon parade, or is it a special parade that day?

Thanks for any advice!:xmas:

Upvote 0

MickeyTigg

gjpjtj said:
I was wondering when the taping would be as well. We will be @ WDW from 11/25-12/4.

Is there any way to find out in advance, a definite day for the taping?

Do they just tape the afternoon parade, or is it a special parade that day?

Thanks for any advice!:xmas:

I recall reading somewhere that the taping would be December 3-4. If the weather cooperates, they may get it done 12/3. They tape the Christmas Parade in segments and it takes all day. They usually don't make a final run through on the parade for the guests until 5-6 PM.

I've been there when they've done this...Main Street is chaos, but away from Main Street and the Hub....it's not too bad.

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

Thanks for the info! This is our first Christmas trip, and we are so excited. Hopefully we can get to see the taping. I guess if I ask some Cm's while we are there, we may be able to get more info.:)

Upvote 0

MickeyTigg

gjpjtj said:
Thanks for the info! This is our first Christmas trip, and we are so excited. Hopefully we can get to see the taping. I guess if I ask some Cm's while we are there, we may be able to get more info.:)

It will be that weekend unless it rains...I would plan on Saturday for sure. You'll know if you're in MK that day.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
They tape several different days...

Musical numbers get their own day, the hosts get their own day (and that's when most of the "crowd" shots are done too - they clump random people together on mainstreet and tell them to act excited) and then there's other areas of WDW that get taped and then finally the parade takes 2 days itself to tape - one float at a time, with sometimes hours betwen floats.

I don't recommend spending you trip to WDW trying to be on TV.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Dear lord, you're not gonna be "on TV."

If anything you'll be a blurry face is a mass of people that even folks with high-definition can't distinguish.

You want to be on TV become rich or famous or important for any reason. Don't go around waving your arms at the camera like an idiot everytime you see a news crew.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Resort Loop, I assumer, refers to the in-resort TV channel that airs the "Top 7 Things at WDW" and other previous loops.

When they open Everest there will need to be a new loop, when Typhoon closes for rehab, there will need to be a new loop. So, it sorta plays out to match openings, closing, events, etc.

I'm betting the next one is the for the Holidays. The loop often reflects what's focused on at disneyworld.com (which just switched to Holiday theme).

Upvote 0

tink rules

The only reason I may wander over to the MK that day would be to check out the production...(TV major in college) But I don't need to stand around just to get in front of the camera....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom