Disney Birthdays!

kasey1988

When we travel to disney in may my bf will be celebrating his 18th birthday just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to make this event extra special and a vacation he will not forget but also some stuff that wont be overally expensive! ive already called about having a special surprise in the room somthing like balloons and a picture that they provide complamentry!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Get a birthday button at guest services at each park.

He will get lots of comments from Cast Members and maybe some free stuff !

Upvote 0

MissM

If you have any dinning reservations make sure to let the host/hostess know. Often they'll provide a dessert of some sort. When I ate my birthday dinner at the Castle a few years back, they put streamers and mickey confetti on the table for me and brought me a mickey bundt cake with sprinkles and wished me a happy birthday.

There's no specific guarentee of what you'll get but CM's are really good about wishing you a happy birthday and giving you little pluses. (Love got a free dessert - actually two, one for both of us! - when we ate lunch at Cosmic Ray's in February.)

Just wear your pin and enjoy.
-m

Upvote 0

ypcat

Just talk to the conceirge at the front desk. We went for my son's birthday this January, and he got a bunch of balloons with a card and photo from one of his favorites, Donald.

For the birthday pins, you get them at guest services in each park. They are different except MK and MGM use the same one.

Upvote 0

eroyee

birthday?

:wave: Dont know if hes into this kind of stuff, but Port Orleans Riverside has a romantic carriage ride at night. It takes ressies. It wasnt that expensive. They also have fishing trips now. Yes, get the birthday pin at the guest services at the parks. we got free dessert too, at Cosmic Rays Cafe in MK. we also got balloons and a card from Mickey on our door. was neat. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

kasey1988

Original Poster
i called the front desk at the resort were staying at (all star movies) since were arriving later in the afternoon she said that they can place balloons in the room but its not guaranteed but i just have to call back 5 days before arrival and they will put a note on the reservation, hopefully everything works out!

Upvote 0

DisneyStar05

Birthday

I was just at WDW in December around Christmastime and my birthday is on Dec 27th so that was Tuesday and we went to EPCOT that day. It was such fun. I took my mom to GR to get my Birthday Button and many people wished me happy birthday, as well as I got free popcorn at one of the stands I went to. I was ready to pay for it and everything and she's like " put your money away! This is my birthday present to you" It was so awesome. My mom made dinner reservations at Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort and it was so awesome. I wasn't the only one celebrating my b'day that night. When they seated us and saw that it was my b'day, the girl grabbed a special laminated placemat and I also got a cupcake with a candle (which Donald later blew out on me! stupid duck! lol) and they sing, and the character come around for pictures and autographs....it's so cool. I felt like a lil kid all over again and it was just a wonderful day. I hope your bf enjoys his birthday just like I did!

Upvote 0

WDWprincess

Me too!

It'll be my bf 's birthday on our next trip too! I'm giving him his present at the wishing well, because it's something he's wished for for a long long time! Pick some place in WDW that's his favorite ( or if he's a WDW newbie, pick a place you'd think he'd like) to give him your gift. Also right before park closing race to a ride that was his favorite. Last visit the cast members let us ride a Soarin a second time ( since it was park closing anyway) and we even got to pick the best seats to sit in. The fact that it's his birthday will help your chances too! Definately mention his birthday it beforehand at meals if you're going for special meal. And never under estimate the power of the birthday button! Hope your trip is great and best wishes!

Upvote 0

NeedABreak

I went for my 21st b-day and my 22nd. I have four words for you: Big. Funny. Cake. Hat!

Buy the dumb cake hat. Some CMs will miss the pins but nobody misses the hat. Make him where it to the adventurer's club (No underage drinking of course) thoes guys will mess with him all night.

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

My son celebrated his third BD at the MK. Everywhere he went, CMs saw his button and made a big fuss over him. He thought he owned the park that day. The best moment was when he encountered PUSH, the talking trashcan in TL, and it led the crowd to sing happy birthday to him! We're going to WDW next week and all he cares to do is to go find that talking trash can! :lol:

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
kasey1988 said:
just wondering where is the adventures club?? and what is it?? ive never heard of it..
The Adventurer's Club is the best club in Pleasure Island.

It is full of unexpected surprises and pseudo-vaudeville unforgettable characters. If you're ever in PI it is a must see!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom