Disney Bank One, Free watch promo problem

DonickCo

Original Poster
Disney Bank One Free watch promo problems

About a month ago I received my free gift from Disney/Bank One, a Disney watch. I was a little excited for my free gift so I opened it as I proceed into my house through my garage. I open the box and notice afue little ants, I proceed to open the watch box. As I opened the box a flood of 50-100 ants emerged from the box. Needless to say I was freaked out, being that bugs really irritate me. So with that I grab the shopvac and start to vacuum the little guys up. I then called Bank One to complained, they were very apologetic and said they would ship another one out ASAP and a manager would contact me.

Well the manager never called and it has been over a month.

Today I checked my mail box and noticed afue ants in with the mail along with a brown box, now in my mind I’m thinking, o my replacement watch must be here. Well unfortunately, I was right. I grabbed my camera went into the garage, prepped the vacuum, and opened the box to find another 50-100 ants. At least this time I was expecting it. So here is what I saw.

dsc09286_std.jpg

dsc09289_std.jpg

now if a picture is worth a thousand words a video must be worth a million
the pictures didnt do it justice.

Disney watch ant problem (WMV stream)(4.8MB)

Just imagine if i opened this in my kitchen.

Not the 1st time I thought this was a fluke, but now I’m wondering if anyone had this problem as well

And of course now I feel like there are ants in my pants

-DonickCo

Ringo8n24

Oh my gosh! That is crazy...You are not going to ask for another watch I hope? Someone at BankOne has some explaining to do. Are you going to send them the video as well? That is pathetic. I wonder what Disney thinks since they are representing them?

StevenT

Wow, if that's how both of you packages showed up I'd hate to see the warehouse they store those in. That video was worth a million and a half words. They have some explaining to do to you. I just hope the watch was worth it!

Scooter

I'm not sure I understand.

You got a box with ants in it.
Was there a watch in there too?
You vacummed the ants up, then called to complain and they promised to send you another watch?

Didn't the first watch work?

So you got another box with ants in it right?
Was there another watch in the box?
Does THIS watch work?

Are you now hoping for a 3rd watch?
Is this a joke or a scam?

If not then The UPS or Watch people have some serious insect infestation problems.

Or maybe it's your mail box.
either way...this is weird :lookaroun

careship

I should never have watched the video because I now have the creepy crawlies and don't think I'll be getting rid of them anytime soon. What kind of ants were they? Were they red ants or regular small sugar ants or big black carpenter ants? Why do I ask? I have absolutely no clue why I want to know. Morbid curiousity is all I can come up with. I tell you what, I think it is disgusting!!! I would be freaking out if that was here. I would send them the video and ask what is going on. There were no ants in the tin with the watch I am assuming is that correct? And is the watch wearable?

phlydude

They looked like carpenter ants. Looks like the warehouse or the UPS/FEDEx/Mail facility has some insect issues. I wonder if the boxes got wet at any time as carpenter ants like moisture and wood (cardboard is just wood pulp).

Crazy.

How nice is the watch BTW?

matt88mph

Perhaps this is the work of a rival WDW Forum.

(Thinks of a motorcycle gang movie parody)

"But you'll never defeat the Magic! Nothing can stop a WDW Forum!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom