News Disney After Hours at Walt Disney World (2024)

mattpeto

Do we expect HS to get more After Hours events the rest of the summer or they probably won't with all the Epcot dates?
I do but I can’t figure out why they aren’t out yet. Maybe it’s a labor thing, we are only a couple of months away from MNSHHP that runs 4 nights per week.

DCBaker

Premium Member
I do but I can’t figure out why they aren’t out yet. Maybe it’s a labor thing, we are only a couple of months away from MNSHHP that runs 4 nights per week.

Doesn't appear to be returning until 2024 - the Disney After Hours at Disney's Hollywood Studios website has been updated to say "The 2023 event is sold out. Check back for information on the 2024 event."

Phicinfan

Someday someone is gonna have to explain to me what the hell people are buying these for?

…use small words 🫣
Depending on the park, you can get a ton more done in less time than a full day pass. We did the DHS night event in January and we rode Rise twice, did Smugglers as walk on, rode everything in Toy story twice, and my kids did ToT twice. And we only stayed til 11.

Its awesome, less crowded, easy to ride rides and water bottles and ice cream bars and popcorn to your delight.

Again, it depends on the park the value, but DHS is a definite win vs. day pass to me.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Depending on the park, you can get a ton more done in less time than a full day pass. We did the DHS night event in January and we rode Rise twice, did Smugglers as walk on, rode everything in Toy story twice, and my kids did ToT twice. And we only stayed til 11.

Its awesome, less crowded, easy to ride rides and water bottles and ice cream bars and popcorn to your delight.

Again, it depends on the park the value, but DHS is a definite win vs. day pass to me.
That’s the little picture…the problem with these is the big one.

The parks are rotting partially because of this.
It really needs to be rejected. Which was the case 10 years ago when they hatched it and it was rejected the first time.

It’s a shell game

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Perhaps they lowered the capacity with some keystrokes?

Hey boss the event sold out! I guess my job is safe now right?
Bingo

I know it will start a 15 page running denial…
But there is nothing stopping them from
Manipulating “sold out” to strongarm customers or for appearances.

I’m told by the birds that they ain’t selling many boo bash tickets (I guess people are “experienced” out? 🤔)…

…but I’m gonna make a bold prediction they’ll all “sell out” fairly soon. Bet me

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Bingo

I know it will start a 15 page running denial…
But there is nothing stopping them from
Manipulating “sold out” to strongarm customers or for appearances.
They manipulate line wait times to sell G+, they dynamically price admission tickets, they randomly alter park pass capacities. So why not?
I’m told by the birds that they ain’t selling many boo bash tickets (I guess people are “experienced” out? 🤔)…

…but I’m gonna make a bold prediction they’ll all “sell out” fairly soon. Bet me
But rest assured that they will cut back staffing to compensate just enough so that wait times still are miserable and everything still feels crowded.

There is no reason not to operate both sides of Pirates, Space Mountain, or Thunder Mountain for a party night other than clamping down on costs.

Maybe they'd attract more guests if the word of mouth about crowding and low capacity wasn't so bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom