Disney After Dark or Disney Villains Party at Magic Kingdom?

Googs84

Original Poster
Hello, I will be coming into Disney World at the end of February and first week of March. Offered during that time is the Disney's Villains party on Feb 27th and then Disney's After Dark on March 2 at Magic Kingdom.

I know Villains party is a themed party but I really would like to know is the attendance the same for both parties? Do they sell the same amount of tickets for each party/event? If I am only interested in being at Magic Kingdom during a low attendance event, would After Dark be my better bet since its not themed like Villains Party? I feel attendance is higher for the Villains party over the After Dark events.

Would like to get some of your thoughts on this to help me decide which event I will attend.

JIMINYCR

I havent attended these my self but a friend who is living in Orlando now has had the opportunity to do all of the events including the marathons throughout the year. She has reported to me that the Villains party event is much more packed. The draw is the uniqueness of the event and being able to have exposure to a host of villains that normally arent around. Makes sense to me.

Googs84

Original Poster
Yes, this is exactly what I have been thinking myself. Villains Party will have more attendees because of the party aspect, parades and decorations and After Dark will have less attendees because the only attraction is less people in the park.

Lilofan

It's much more controlled since it is a hard ticket event. The first time Hollywood Studios had a Villians event was in 2013 where the event was incorporated with park admission. It was utter chaos in that the park reached capacity, guests and staff were stuck in roads coming and going to the park and tour buses could not drop off and pick up guests at HS due to the roads being clogged for hours.

dddisney

I went to the After Hours event last March and the Villains party in August. Between the two, the After Hours event was less crowded.

Moka

I had the opportunity to do villains after hours in June. While I haven’t been to the regular after dark, I wouldn’t assume they had TOO MUCH of a difference. I would think regular after hours had SLIGHTLY less crowds, but really it isn’t much different. Something like Seven dwarfs will always have a crowd, but even at villains after hours, everything was extremely short wait and we were able to do everything we wanted. Also villains after hours (assuming same as before) should have some overlays like for Space Mountain and Pirates. Whichever you decide to do, hope you have a blast like I was able to. 🙂

MissingDisney

Thread bump-sorry.

I’m hearing different things-for the Villains party, I know they distribute wrist bands. For the MK After Dark Party, I’ve seen wristbands and lanyards. Does anyone know what they currently distribute?

TIA!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thread bump-sorry.

I’m hearing different things-for the Villains party, I know they distribute wrist bands. For the MK After Dark Party, I’ve seen wristbands and lanyards. Does anyone know what they currently distribute?

TIA!
Wrist bands are used to confirm admission. The lanyards were given out as souvenirs as far as I know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom