Disney adds more Orange Team capacity at Mission SPACE

wdwgreek

I wonder if this is because the hysteria about the spinning has died down or for Soarin Capacity shift anticipation. I've never done Orange side, but if people enjoy it, bully for them. I'd be interested to see how this affects the normally short queue for the attraction.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Im too much of a wuss to ride the orange team.. is the only difference between green and orange is that the orange modules spin?

Pacha

Yeah, orange spins, green doesn't. I've done orange a couple times and didn't really feel the spinning, only the g-forces. Even picked my head up and looked around (they tell you not to do that) with no ill effects. Everyone's different I guess. If you suffer from motion sickness, don't ride orange.

P_Radden

Didn't someone say the gear needed to get the big space station set roatating again is at the WoL building? Maybe they'll get that thing working again..

SJN1279

I only rode Orange once in 2003, and it made me not feel right. I always ride green(I thought it was a great addition). I wish Star Tours had a similar option.

DisneyFans4Life

I've never done orange and have only done green once. I don't do well with motion rides, so this is one I skip at Epcot. I wonder if the queue line for orange has been long and this is a way to shorten the wait. And as Phil stated, getting ready for Soarin' to get shut down.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Its just a centrifugal force ride (orange side) so if you've got balance, inner ear, or vascular/blood pressure issues you should stick with green unless you really want to see the inside of Celebration's ER. IMHO they should use all of the bays for each type so that they get even wear out of the equipment.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I only rode Orange once in 2003, and it made me not feel right. I always ride green(I thought it was a great addition). I wish Star Tours had a similar option.

Actually it DOES, Ask the CM's if they can do a 'Flight Check' run - this does the show without engaging the motion systems. Best bet for this of course is late in the day with no lines. But ask - they do run these periodically.

xipetotec

I get that "not everyone likes spinning" and they had originally done this to accommodate folks who didn't want the intense ride. But I always found that to be extremely lame. You don't have a version of Space Mountain that is just a flat track. just like you don't have a version of Winnie the pooh that is actually a roller coaster. Not all attractions are for everyone. You don't like drops, you don't go on tower of terror. You don't like simulators or spinning, don't go on Mission: Space. They certainly have enough warnings ahead of time...

msteel

I get that "not everyone likes spinning" and they had originally done this to accommodate folks who didn't want the intense ride. But I always found that to be extremely lame. You don't have a version of Space Mountain that is just a flat track. just like you don't have a version of Winnie the pooh that is actually a roller coaster. Not all attractions are for everyone. You don't like drops, you don't go on tower of terror. You don't like simulators or spinning, don't go on Mission: Space. They certainly have enough warnings ahead of time...

But if you can offer both experiences and people want the option, why would you limit your guests?

I have ridden both orange and green and didn't find them too much different. I find it fascinating that I don't usually do well with spinning but my perception of the orange side was of G forces rather than spinning. Star tours, on the other hand, I am fine close to the middle of the seating area but out at the edges it bothers me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom