Discovery cove??

feenie

Original Poster
Hello
Has anyone ever tried the Discovery Cove Dolphin encounter?
I have always wanted to swim with the dolphins and am wondering if it is worth the price? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!:)

CAPTAIN HOOK

YES
and I haven't even done it yet. I posted a similar question months ago and as a result of the replies booked to do it.
BTW, my neighbours actually cried when the had to leave after the swim !!!!

UKSHAMU

Hi ! :D

YUP did it a couple of years ago - absolutely fantastic :sohappy: - and will definitely do it again soon

/John

"A day without laughter is a bad day"

:wave: :wave:

EmeraldDolphin

I have been to Discovery Cove two summers in a row, and I swam with Rascal both times... I LOVE going to Discovery Cove, and I would highly recommend it!!! I am planning to go there again this summer. If I remember correctly it is about $200 for the Dolphin Swim package... but you get the whole day there, and they provide you with your snorkel & mask. Your lunch is included in the price also. There is a lot to do. Nothing is crowded because they only allow a certain number of people in to the park... be sure to get there early in the day, & plan to stay... you'll be glad that you went!!!

disneyfan123

I visited Discovery Cove 2 years ago and it was the experience of a lifetime!!!!! I recommend it to everyone - swimming with the dolphins is a truly wonderful experience and if I had the money I would go again this year!!!!

df123

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

EmeraldDolphin

scottsalisbury... yes Discovery Cove is owned by Sea World... or ok... Busch Entertainment... but it's across the street from Sea World, so it's a separate park. It's beautiful!

Al

I know what it is, vaguely. Could someone tell me what exactly there is to do there? I have heard it is very good! :)

EmeraldDolphin

There's a beautiful bird aviary, that you can either walk in to or swim in to. They provide you with snorkeling equipment, and you can swim with stingrays, and lots of beautiful fish! Then of course there is the dolphin interaction, which made my day! :)

xoxJEWELxox

Thinking of going to Discovery Cove? Don't think..DO IT! I went three times and I swam with Rascal all three. When I went the second time he came over and sat in my lap. His trainer looked at me and said "Wow, Rascal likes you!!" I told her I had swam with him before, she said "No wonder why he likes you....he remembers you!!" I saw him with a year between each visit and he remembered me....:D dolphins are amazing creatures.... incredibly smart and beautiful.... there is no question on whether to go or not... you should definitly do it! :)

EmeraldDolphin

Originally posted by ShamuCruiser
Although I hope you understand this is complete nonsence (they use that kind of lines all the time) it really is a great experience.

aww! :( was that really necessary?? and what if Rascal really did remember her? or at least know that there was some kind of connection... they are extremely intelligent animals...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom