Discovery cove .. Yes or NO ?

linzikbd

Original Poster
Hey Everyone

Is Discovery cove worth a visit? We are already planning a visit to Busch gardens and have looked online at combination tickets which have discovery cove the full package with Seaworld, Busch gardens and Aquatica The whole combination ticket is quite pricey at £591 or $938. I know there are a lot of ticket kiosks and promotions should i wait until i am there to see if i can get a better deal ?

Many Thanks

JIMINYCR

I went with DS and we enjoyed it. We didnt have as much time with the dolphins as we had hoped for. We each got photos of both of us with the dolphins. The snorkeling along the stingrays and fish was fun to do. Yes it is pricey... we did it, it was a fun thing to do with DS. I'd did it once, thats enough. Undercover tourist has had discounted offers in the past, check them out.

Jon81uk

You can do it without the dolphin swim slightly cheaper. It's all inclusive as well so you get breakfast, lunch, snacks and alcohol in the price.
I've not been before but booked for 2016 as its only £39 more compared too SeaWorld/Busch. Given it could cost us at least £15 in food if we went to a different park that day I think Discovery Cove will be worth the money for us. Obviously we aren't doing the dolphin swim to save cash.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Is Discovery cove worth a visit?
The simple answer is YES
The longer answer is - Its a great (but expensive way) to have a relaxing day away from the Disney theme parks. If I remember correctly food is inclusive and is very nice. The dolphin encounter / swim is shorter than you'd want (considering what you pay) but is a great interaction with photos and videos available to purchase afterwards.
We have visited DC three times - the first trip was great, so much so that we had to go back on our next Florida trip. Our second visit was a bit disappointing in that the actual swim was cancelled as a boy had suffered a cut in one of the pools and they had to reschedule the remaining guests into the other pools. There were too many guests so we volunteered to cancel our encounter in return for a completely free day at our convenience. So we got two complete days (but only one dolphin encounter) for the price of one
should i wait until i am there to see if i can get a better deal ?
This depends when in the year you're hoping to visit. If its peak summer months then book in advance or prepare to be disappointed. If its a slower time of year you could risk it and leave it a lot later. DC is limited to its guest numbers so you can't just turn up

Last edited:

Donald Razorduck

Has anyone mentioned that.with your all inclusive day at DC, you get admission to SW and Aquatica for the immediate days before and after your day at DC and you can add BGT for a discount as well. So, if you plan on visiting all those parks, it's really not that expensive.

From the website:
Packages also include unlimited admission to SeaWorld® and Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark™ in Orlando during your vacation. Upgrade to the Ultimate Package for an additional $25 to add Busch Gardens® Tampa.

Last edited:

thomas998

Can anyone that has been to Discovery Cove answer a question about it? Do you have to wear those short wet suits in all of the pools? It seems that in every photo I see of people in the water there they are wearing black and yellow wetsuit tops... not a real fan of wetsuits unless I'm under water and even then if it isn't really cold water I don't like diving with them either.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Can anyone that has been to Discovery Cove answer a question about it? Do you have to wear those short wet suits in all of the pools? It seems that in every photo I see of people in the water there they are wearing black and yellow wetsuit tops... not a real fan of wetsuits unless I'm under water and even then if it isn't really cold water I don't like diving with them either.
Yes you do. I think when your out of the water it doesn't have to be on. I do not know if this has changed.

Jon81uk

From what I've read they have short wetsuits, long wetsuits and just sleeveless wetsuit tops available. You have to have one of them on in the water to aid lifeguards. So you don't have to wear at wetsuit, but you have to at least have the top on.

thomas998

From what I've read they have short wetsuits, long wetsuits and just sleeveless wetsuit tops available. You have to have one of them on in the water to aid lifeguards. So you don't have to wear at wetsuit, but you have to at least have the top on.

Thanks... I guess I'll be skipping Discovery Cove then, aside from comfort I have no desire to get substantial t-shirt style tan lines on a vacation to the beach.

Jon81uk

Thanks... I guess I'll be skipping Discovery Cove then, aside from comfort I have no desire to get substantial t-shirt style tan lines on a vacation to the beach.

Just take it off when not in the water?

Also the vest is short sleeved like a vest so higher cut than a t-shirt
IMG_1936-Version-2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom