Discounts for part of your stay?

Tinkerbell 8

Not sure if this has been answered, if it has sorry for the double post. I am starting the planning process for a December 2013 trip and was looking at when discounts have been offered in the past so I can try to get an idea if/when they will be coming out. I am looking at going during the first 2 weeks of December, I'm starting law school in the fall and I'm not quite sure when classes are finished for the semester yet. I noticed that most of the discounts end the second week of December, so my question is, if you arrive during either the free dining discount or the room only discount, does the discount apply to your entire stay or just the portion of your trip that falls during the offer window?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Im pretty sure its only for the portion of your stay that the discount applies to. A while back Disney changed their model on rates for hotel nights where used to, if you checked in during one "season", your rate would apply to your entire stay. I believe the same applies for discounts and promotions.

Upvote 0

durangojim

Used to be that it would apply to your entire stay (paid $120 a night a WL for a courtyard view room arriving 12/25 departing 1/2 about 10 years ago, those were the days) even if it was only your first night that qualified for the discount. Now if the discount ends during your stay, the next nights will be back to rack rate.

Upvote 0

awesomeinabox

When we booked in January the discount applied to the entire stay. We got 30% off the entire stay including the dates that weren't listed online (MLK weekend) I would definitely call to double check.

Upvote 0

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I always thought it your trip had to start during the discount dates, the end time didn't matter. We had Free Dining in Feb 2012 and we just barely made the cut off (checked in on the last day) but we had Free dining for our whole trip.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Room only rates are the most variable and tend to apply only to the offer dates. For example if you have a stay from the 1st to the 7th and the 5th and 6th is blacked out you will pay full price on the 5th and 6th. If I am not mistaken, your check in date must be within the offer dates for room only discounts. The easy way around that is a split stay.

When it comes to free dining, if you check in date is within the offer you will typically get free dining for your entire stay. If your check in date falls before the free dining offer you would have to do a split stay and go without tickets or dining until the offer date comes around. This is tricky to do if you are doing nothing but Disney, but if you are going to other parks you can schedule your "away from Disney" time during those days and make it work.

Of course all of this can change based on the offer.

Upvote 0

bethymouse

Check out other places as well such as Kingdom Konsultants. They will give you a quote on the package and answer all of your questions. The "chat" function on the Disney website works well too! I do like talking to a "live" CM sometimes though on the phone. Happy Planning!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the replies! I can't wait to book the trip in the next few months, it will be my first trip during the Christmas season so I'm looking forward to finally seeing all of the decorations and the castle lights. It is also my first time staying at the boardwalk, we fell in love with that place in October and my boyfriend only agreed to another trip if we stayed there, no complaints from me :) I will talk to Disney and I'll post whatever they say here so you guys know for future trips too.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

Dates of promotion have to be during your check in. But then you get it for your whole trip. You can always do a split stay. Reserve those dates before promotion on one reservation and then an other reservation when the promotion starts for the rest of your trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom