Discount trends

ELG13

I dont follow discounts enough to know if there has been any type of pattern to the discounts they are releasing. Just wondering what i may be able to expect for April. We are currently booked in a premium hookup site and are renting a camper. Im super excited to try it and Im always looking for new things to experience at Disney. We have always stayed in the cabins for the last 3 years so there is a very small part of me that wants to stay in the cabins again simply because we know what to expect of the space with our party and our newest addition will be 8 months when we go this time. Currently renting a camper will save us a ton of money off the current April rate (about $1200 total not including golf cart)and, again, something new to experience. We are also in the market to purchase a camper over the next year or so, so we are interested to see how we like it at the Fort. I guess my point is that Im trying to get an idea if the discount on the cabins will be enough to make me reconsider the RV rental. If the discounts stayed what they were it would save us $100 ($600 total) a night and another $200ish on the golf cart (you get a discount when you book the RV and golf cart. It still seems like a worthwhile savings when I type it out but my husband can surprise me at at times and he may not find it to be worth it when he has an attachment to the cabins lol.

HouCuseChickie

I usually refer to Mousesaver's historical discount page. It's no guarantee, but if you scroll down to the chart portion...you can start comparing year to year and get an idea of where things have been in the past and how it's varied from year to year. Of course, who the heck knows what to expect with everything going on these days.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
I usually refer to Mousesaver's historical discount page. It's no guarantee, but if you scroll down to the chart portion...you can start comparing year to year and get an idea of where things have been in the past and how it's varied from year to year. Of course, who the heck knows what to expect with everything going on these days.

Exactly...these times lol. I'm just wondering big there's been a pattern of any type with the covid discounts. Thank you for the link! I was thinking I should check on there!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

The reason Disney brings out offers and discounts is to help increase numbers of reservations and build income. They want to drive people in who arent thinking of a Disney trip at the time, those who are on the fence or those who want to go but financially are holding back for a deal. With the low numbers at this point, Disney may get panicked and do more deals... wait and see how their losses progress.
Disney tries to entice guests in by giving them something of value and they are figuring on makIng more off you to offset what theyve given up once you get booked and on property. When they offer a this or that deal its always a good strategy to really know which will serve you best. They know most guests will book thinking they are saving money then when they get on property they are careless about the amount they spend on excessive souvenirs, snacks, and all sorts of extras. Disney isnt in business to give away their money... they entice you in and then count on you emptying the wallet. They know when you are enjoying the parks in the moment youre off guard and not watching how much youre going through money or adding to the credit bill.

Upvote 0

Wendy Pleakley

COVID hasn't been an impact long enough to establish any trends, and the historical discounts aren't likely informative either.

Right now, I believe there is the general "Magic is Waiting" discount which is valid until just before Christmas.

Best guess is the same discount will be available from January onwards, with the only exception being traditionally busy times such as Spring Break. If I'm not mistaken, the current discounts cover more dates than usual. Fall discounts apply to specific dates, a flat discount covering the entire period is abnormal.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
After looking on mouse savers I saw they offer campsite discounts once a year...I never knew they offered those. That is good to know since that is our current choice. I did notice that this year the offer was for a longer period but seemed to cover when Disney was closed but I could be totally wrong about them being closed at the time.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Just my two cents here - when looking at Pop rates next year before we settled on this December, the prices have skyrocketed compared to what we paid for an August '19 trip when I booked in Dec '18. Discounts are discounts and you take what you can get, but Disney is jacking up the rates of their resorts so to me discounts are a wash. After this trip we are taking for our Honeymoon this December, we do not plan to come back for quite a few years simply because of the price.
Exactly...these times lol. I'm just wondering big there's been a pattern of any type with the covid discounts. Thank you for the link! I was thinking I should check on there!
With that said, that page was a good resource when we originally booked our trip in January.

One thing that I took advantage of was I took a credit inquiry hit and got the Disney Premier Rewards card. This offered a $250 statement credit (which I received 8 days after charging our trip) in conjunction with the current Magic is Waiting discount or whatever it's called. Because we were staying 8 nights, this was actually a $200 discount. $401 savings ($49.00 fee for Disney card annual). Total trip cost w/o discount for a preferred room at Pop for 8 nights/7 day park tickets = 2958.44. Combining both is a 13.5% discount total from the rack rate, which I guess isn't bad. They've definitely had better discounts in their 'off' seasons.

EDIT: Another good thing that I like about the Premier Rewards card is the 6 months no interest. Granted this will be paid off in November and I have no plans to extend, but if something came up I like that I could ride this out a little longer if I had to.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom