Directions from Sanford airport

mapsd

Best route to drive myself from Sanford to WDW (Poly)?
How long a trip?

No Magic Express option, but this was the only non-stop flight from Sioux Falls-Orlando and we wanted a car anyway.

Laura

Premium Member
If I remember right it's about a 45 minute drive, but I couldn't tell you the directions.

I just know when my husband and I were young and dumb we flew into there on accident and wound up paying $100 for a taxi to bring us to our resort.

Upvote 0

goofntink

Leave the airport on Lake Mary Blvd.Signs will show Disney for the Greenway Toll-Road. Straight shot to Disney. Less than 1 hour travel time and about $5 or $6. Or straight on Lake Mary Blvd to I-4 towards Orlando saves the tolls 1hour drive time

Upvote 0

flscooman

As you leave airport follow signs to 417 south. take 417S to exit 6 hwy 536. Go straight past the Marriott World Center and the road turns into EPCOT Center Dr from there just follow signs to MK. It's about 45 miles from airport to WDW, bring money for tolls.

Upvote 0

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
Depending on the time of day you will definitely want to take 417 (Greenway Toll-Road) instead of 4. If there is even so much as a soda can on the side of the road on route 4 the rubber-necking will bring traffic to a stand still. It is worth the $6 in tolls. And yes it is about an hour. The little extra diving time more than makes up for the time wasted trying to get out of MCO (Orlando Airport). On average I can fly into SFB and be at Disney quicker than if I fly into MCO just due to the size difference at the airport. Plus there is a super Walmart just down the road from SFB airport on 17/92. It's a great place to stop and get supplies for your vacation. Here is another tip that most people don't think about. If you are going to be at Disney for more than 7 nights and you are staying at one of the value resorts, it is cheaper to go to Walmart and buy a cheap refrigerator than renting one from Disney.

Upvote 0

DAKOTADISNEY

We took the SF to Orlando(Sanford Airport) two years ago. We got there around 9:30pm, picked up the rental car and it was almost 11:00pm by the time we got into our room. The traffic that time of day was manageable. We took I-4 and didn't have any problems. The only suggestion I would have would be to stop and get something to eat along the way because at our resort (Caribbean Beach) the food court was closing at that time. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom