Dinosaur

DisJosh

No.

The only thing changed about CTX was the intensity of the ride and the name because of the release of the animated movie Dinosaur. So basically it's less fun. :(

DisJosh

It's still the same exact attraction the movements of the ride vehicle are just more tame. No changes to the interior or exterior except for anything that might have said Countdown to Extinction on it.

I don't like the name change either but how does the name Dinosaur not go well with a dinosaur themed attraction? :veryconfu lol

Jacks Sally

Being my fav. ride of all time
I did notice the difference in the
taming of the ride ..............
but it's still great
I dont care for the name change
either CTX was a better name
but Dinosaur does fit

*~JS

Justin

This will sound crazy but i actually didn't notice any difference at all... maybe the first time i rode it I was probably just like ":eek: whats happening next?!" So i couldn't tell......

Heard the effects and everything use to be much better but however i still love the ride.

Bryy2001

Actually, the mechanics and ride were never changed. Only the name Countdown to Extinction was changed, the ride is exactly the same, no tamer or more violent. I remember because I wrote a nasty e-mail to Disney about it and they called me back the day after and told me that the only things changing about the attraction were the name and some exterior theming, the ride is exactly the same as when it first opened, you guys were fooled. There was plans to tame the attraction down, but Eisner did not approve them.

Justin

Originally posted by Bryy2001
Actually, the mechanics and ride were never changed. Only the name Countdown to Extinction was changed, the ride is exactly the same, no tamer or more violent. I remember because I wrote a nasty e-mail to Disney about it and they called me back the day after and told me that the only things changing about the attraction were the name and some exterior theming, the ride is exactly the same as when it first opened, you guys were fooled. There was plans to tame the attraction down, but Eisner did not approve them.

Alot of times CM tell you stuff thats not true. I'm not bringing out a Rant & Rave section but they do alot....

Bryy2001

The ride, for all intensive pruposes is the same, the effects were never better then then they are now, they are probably actually better now, the ending is louder anyway. It is still a pretty darn violent and turbulent adventure at any rate

Bryy2001

No rant and rave or problems caused here! All I know is that is what I was told, and I can't tell any difference between Countdown to Extinction, if they did tone down the violence it is still one of my favorites! :sohappy: :D :sohappy:

Justin

Originally posted by Bryy2001
No rant and rave or problems caused here! All I know is that is what I was told, and I can't tell any difference between Countdown to Extinction, if they did tone down the violence it is still one of my favorites! :sohappy: :D :sohappy:

I also feel that there is no difference but im not whom to know about that either :(

All i know is alot of times when you ask Disney a question pertaining a attraction/rumour/ride they will give some kind of story so that the guests wont know all the information or that its just part of their job? I dunno, check the other forum about that.

mbro2002

There are many other threads that discuss the CTX ride profile. I used to work at this ride and was there during the Dinosaur changeover, so I'll once again give a brief summary:

1. The ride profile was changed.

2. Most people can't tell the difference between the two profiles. They are only different in a few small portions of the ride. I know there will be a lot of people who will argue with me on this one, but they didn't have the chance I had to ride the profiles back to back several times. I will agree that if you are very well acquainted with the ride that there are a few noticeable differences, the but vast majority of the public wouldn't notice.

3. No show effects were altered during the Dinosaur changeover. Several effects were tweaked in the first few months the park was open, and the dinosaurs received some more intense body paint several months after the changeover.

4. The ride profile will most likely never be changed back to the CTX version. The root cause of the changeover was that Animal Kingdom lacked rides for kids. CTX would have been tamed down regardless of the movie, but it just so happened that the release of the movie gave them a marketing edge in promoting the park to kids.

orangefan15

I don't like the name Dinosaur either....its a little too plain and boring. Countdown to Extinction just sounds so much cooler.:brick:

sillyspook13

I honestly didn't notice the change. Neither did my mom, and she worked on the ride during the transition.

I did notice a few effects that had been added/changed/tweaked/fixed since the first time I rode it as CTX, but I can't give an exact time of when they occured.

For example, Seeker originally repeated "Don't panic!" several times during the ride. At the end, after capturing the dino, he said "Now you can panic!" and there was a drop into darkness. Now he says "Brace yourselves, this is it!" You drop, narrowly escaping the jaws of that pesky carnotaurus.

Around the time of that change, there was also the addition of the computer voice naming each dino as you pass by.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom