Dinoland USA Changes

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Saw a post from BM showing that this place is down. Normally I wouldn't look too into something this small, but the whole land is just sort of perplexing right now.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
dino-diner-removed-dinoland-usa-4-1536x1024.jpg

dino-diner-removed-dinoland-usa-3-1536x1024.jpg

dinoland-usa-digital-map-sept-2022-1536x1085.png

disney-world-map-dinoland-usa-12152021-primeval-whirl-removed-1536x950.jpg

James Alucobond

I mean, I suppose it does sit right along the area where a new connecting pathway would go since it seemed like their intention was to extend the branch in front of Nemo straight down and eliminate the one running between the Boneyard and TriceraTop Spin.

But I honestly wouldn’t read anything into this. Too soon.

doctornick

I mean, it seems likely that Moana is going forward in that space and they are preparing for it. Why didn't they just announce it and wall off everything (they could keep the corner with TS open and wall off the rest of Dinorama)?

CJR

I mean, it seems likely that Moana is going forward in that space and they are preparing for it. Why didn't they just announce it and wall off everything (they could keep the corner with TS open and wall off the rest of Dinorama)?

It does seem to me that these are budgeted. Just not for an opening in the next two years.

If the Moana splash/fountain walk through takes nearly two years to build and open, it's probably a year or two longer for a flume ride. Which is sad.

I bet we'll see quiet movement in the next fiscal year, but it'll probably be spread over multiple FY's.

ToTBellHop

The issue is that they weren’t ready to announce the full Dinoland project. Zootopia was basically thrown into the back of that art without much development.
It does seem to me that these are budgeted. Just not for an opening in the next two years.

If the Moana splash/fountain walk through takes nearly two years to build and open, it's probably a year or two longer for a flume ride. Which is sad.

I bet we'll see quiet movement in the next fiscal year, but it'll probably be spread over multiple FY's.
It’s meant to open around Epic Universe. For better or for worse, Tiana is the “big” 2024 project…

CJR

The issue is that they weren’t ready to announce the full Dinoland project. Zootopia was basically thrown into the back of that art without much development.

It’s meant to open around Epic Universe. For better or for worse, Tiana is the “big” 2024 project…

I agree with the idealized date range, but they have a less than stellar track record for sticking to their schedules, even pre-pandemic. Tiana might actually happen in 2024 though, since the ride system is the same. We shall see on that.

ToTBellHop

I agree with the idealized date range, but they have a less than stellar track record for sticking to their schedules, even pre-pandemic. Tiana might actually happen in 2024 though, since the ride system is the same. We shall see on that.
It’s hard to judge since Pandora was in development hell, SWGE had technical issues, and the pandemic delayed the rest. I don’t remember TSL or FEA taking unreasonably long. FEA is probably a pretty fair comparison to Tiana and I think it was done in under 2 years.

fgmnt

It’s hard to judge since Pandora was in development hell, SWGE had technical issues, and the pandemic delayed the rest. I don’t remember TSL or FEA taking unreasonably long. FEA is probably a pretty fair comparison to Tiana and I think it was done in under 2 years.
My read of the wishcasting story hour last week is that TSL is a project similar in scope to what they want to do here.

They also do not have to greenlight a project to slowly chip away at C&H.

CJR

We shall find out, I won't be holding my breath. They will surprise me if they get done on time or early.

I can think of others that took longer than they should have, and even believe TSL is among them for what they actually built. Heck, they're taking two years to put pathways and trees in the middle of EPCOT. Year and half if you want to be generous - still not great.

Tiana definitely has the best chance of opening on time. FEA required modifications to the ride system, but I believe Tiana will be using the exact flume and layout as Splash with no modifications - although it'll probably receive some work. I would be surprised if the queue layout isn't almost identical to what's there now.

DisneyDebRob

View attachment 671667
I don't understand any of the small decisions being made for this area anymore. What even is this.
It’s a filler. Is what Disney does when they have no idea what to do. Something to look at as you wonder where all the attractions are. And it doesn’t cost anything for them to throw it in that spot. Cast member to stand next to it but that’s it. I like to hear one person that comes back from a Disney trip with the pin truck as a memory. They could and should do more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom