Dinoland U.S.A. idea???

ctxak98

Original Poster
Hey everyone, so It has been around 4 or so years that I have posted a ride idea and I am starting to get back into things. A while back I created a re-imagined idea of Countdown to extinction, but Now it got me thinking....Maybe Dinoland in general should be re-imagined? considering the theme is kind of all over the place right now.

My whole Idea for this section of the park is that the Dino Institute is the capitol of all dino fossils and findings. The area was discoverd back around 1998? get it?. and Now for the first time, the Dino Institute is letting you get a hands on experience of there findings and what it feels like to dig up some dino bones.

The Boneyard: a interactive playground for both kids and adults to really feel like your a paleontologist and uncover some dino fossils of your own

Countdown to extinction: this fast paced thrill ride will take you back to the creteceous period and face meteors and hungry dinos. The ride will be changed a bit.(show scenes and exact layout of this ride coming later) (old effects now working again and some new dinos are being added as well as sprucing up the old.)

Dino Institute Old Wing museum: View some of the most amazing Dino Bones found here at the dino Institute grounds. A walkthrough view of some amazing dinosaur fossils and models

Creteceous Trail: A trail taking you past plant life and Dinosaurs that the institute has created realistic like dinosaurs to give you a feel for what it would look like to walk with the dinos. (includes 15 minute shows of dinosaurs much like the ones from the "Walking with dinosaurs" show)

The Excavator: A mine train tour gone wrong. On the old Chester Hesterfields(tie in too old chester and hester area) Fossil Mountain...thats what the dig team calls it...It is said that many years ago Chester hesterfield found the biggest T-rex fossil ever found, right on that dig site location. The team has searched for years but no one has found it since. During your journey and earthquake shakes the dig site and your train falls down a path abandoned for years and comes face to face with the Big Daddy t-rex, and ends up helping the team out.

Plesiosaur Caverns: An underwater sea cavern has been under research at the institute and your are going to go down in the POD submarines. On your journey you find a hidden passage not yet explored and come across some prehistoric creatures not seen by man in many years, But each journey is different in what you find(much like the 20000 leagues ride in tokyo disney sea but rethemed.

Dinosaur-Journey to the nesting grounds: Dark ride based on thr ACTUAL dinosaur ride...this area would be seperate from the rest of it because it didnt really fit LOL, but I thought it would be cool.

theres is some concept art I wanna post but not sure how? if anyone has info on how to that would be great thanks!

afar28

Love it! With avatar (probably) coming, we probably won't see much else going on at AK for awhile but I always wanted the excavator to be brought back from the dead and built :(.

ctxak98

Original Poster
Love it! With avatar (probably) coming, we probably won't see much else going on at AK for awhile but I always wanted the excavator to be brought back from the dead and built :(.

I hear you :(....I have always thought this was one of disneys biggest mistakes...could have been so cool! but thanks for the Reply if you have any ideas I am fully open to them!

afar28

Imagine if AK didn't have budget cuts..we'd have a full dinoland with the excavator, countdown to extinction and a beastly kingdom. With those things along with Kilimanjaro safari, Everest, the river rapids and FotLK, AK would be a heck lot better...

ctxak98

Original Poster
Imagine if AK didn't have budget cuts..we'd have a full dinoland itch the excavator, countdown to extinction and a beastly kingdom. With those things along with Kilimanjaro safari, Everest, the river rapids and FotLK, AK would be a heck lot better...
It would probably be my favorite Disney Park:D!

Omegadiz

Im curious as to where the Primeval Whirl and Tricera spin go in this plan. While i'm no fan of these rides i understand them in the sense that they are for kids. and thus, would balance out some of the thrill in your concept. it would work in the sence hat DinoLand USA is a road stop just off of the institute's property and the owners are trying to make mony off of the renowned institute.

another thing, and this isnt meant to bag on your ideas at all because they are awesome, the trail portion bugs me just slightly. With the Instotutional theme and guest not actually being taken back to the time of the dinosaurs, a walk though a trail of living ones seems out of continuity. (ei. Right next door, youre riding CTX where the scientist take you "back in time" to see dinosaurs vs exiting the ride to find a trail of living ones.) Lucky the Dinosaur (if anyone remebers him) could make a return and be slated to be an artificial test dinosaur that was created using DNA found in fossils and that could be their prized acheivement. it all just depends on how coheasive you want to make the land. either way, cool ideas

ctxak98

Original Poster
Im curious as to where the Primeval Whirl and Tricera spin go in this plan. While i'm no fan of these rides i understand them in the sense that they are for kids. and thus, would balance out some of the thrill in your concept. it would work in the sence hat DinoLand USA is a road stop just off of the institute's property and the owners are trying to make mony off of the renowned institute.

another thing, and this isnt meant to bag on your ideas at all because they are awesome, the trail portion bugs me just slightly. With the Instotutional theme and guest not actually being taken back to the time of the dinosaurs, a walk though a trail of living ones seems out of continuity. (ei. Right next door, youre riding CTX where the scientist take you "back in time" to see dinosaurs vs exiting the ride to find a trail of living ones.) Lucky the Dinosaur (if anyone remebers him) could make a return and be slated to be an artificial test dinosaur that was created using DNA found in fossils and that could be their prized acheivement. it all just depends on how coheasive you want to make the land. either way, cool ideas
The kid ride area would be with the dinosaur dark ride. It would be more along the lines of winnie the pooh and peter pan. I want another ride in that section but can't think of one. Also plesiosaur and excavator wouldn't be too much of a thrill. Excavator more of a big thunder mountain and plesiosaur more of a slow paced thrill of excitement....I wouldn't want excavator to be too big of a thrill cuz expedition everest is right near by. Ctx would be the thrill. Also to clarify the dinosaurs would not be real. They would be a presentation of how dinosaurs would be if they were real. The dino institute made them...if that makes any sense?

Omegadiz

The kid ride area would be with the dinosaur dark ride. It would be more along the lines of winnie the pooh and peter pan. I want another ride in that section but can't think of one. Also plesiosaur and excavator wouldn't be too much of a thrill. Excavator more of a big thunder mountain and plesiosaur more of a slow paced thrill of excitement....I wouldn't want excavator to be too big of a thrill cuz expedition everest is right near by. Ctx would be the thrill. Also to clarify the dinosaurs would not be real. They would be a presentation of how dinosaurs would be if they were real. The dino institute made them...if that makes any sense?
Ok now i understand. But i have another question about your Excavator. Is the actul ride noutanous? As in, is it going to look like a mountain? If so, i feel like mountains are becomming slightly overused. Might i suggest a bare coaster that leads into under ground and caverned sections?

wiigirl

Hi everypone, In case anyone wanted to see the rough sketches I did of some of the rides and area...here they are:
http://s1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh581/ctxak98/
there is a map i quickly did up
some excavator exterior drawings not fully done, and Plesiosaur caverns show scene...thanks!

Awesome! ;)
75.gif

ctxak98

Original Poster
Ok now i understand. But i have another question about your Excavator. Is the actul ride noutanous? As in, is it going to look like a mountain? If so, i feel like mountains are becomming slightly overused. Might i suggest a bare coaster that leads into under ground and caverned sections?

I agree the whole idea of a mountain range is way overused I agree. I didn't draw it exactly to scale but you are correct it would be no where near the height of mt. Everest. It would look more hilly? And a majority would be underground work. I tried to stay away from just an open concept but didn't want it to be too big! So yah in other words. It won't be a huge mountain.

ctxak98

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the comments! Hopefully I will soon get ssome more ideas up. I'm a busy guy so we will see what happens. But thanks again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom