Dino-Rama

I think we're really underestimating Dino Rama. I mean back in day Im sure people were turned off by attractions like Pirates and Big Thunder, not thinking much of them and not being very interested, but we grew to love these attractions and thats why they're our favorite attractions today. We need to give future attractions a fair chance, maybe we won't like them at first, but we grow to love them, they will soon become classic Disney attractions. Personnaly I would like to thank Sillyspook for giving us the background story on Dino Rama, remember that all Disney attractions have a story or theme to back them up and that carnival attractions just have a name like the comet or something like that. Leave it up to Disney to take a everyday wild mouse coaster and make it into something more, something we'll grow to enjoy and to cherish for future generations. And as far as Animal Kingdom goes, I admit on my first visit my reaction was this place is missing something, but then i realized this is the first year, phase 1, we need to get the most out of this beautiful park. If the Magic Kingdom opened now with the attaractions it opened with we would all be like "Theres nothing to do". But now the Magic Kingdom is an amazing place where we visit each time feeling the magic it posseses. We cannot expect AK to be like a amazing thrill ride packed adventure, we can only love it for what it is, and what it could be in the future. The thing I love most about it is the themeing, each land has amazing themes, especially Asia. So I say AK is a great park, and on my next visit Im going to make sure I get the most out of my experience there. You never know, 30 years from now we might be saying "I can't believe there closing Dino Rama, Thats a classic" ;) ;)

Kevin

Very good discussion taking place here on some of the most important issues facing the Disney Parks & Resorts group right now. A few thoughts...

- Animal Kingdom is an absolutely fantastic park. There aren't a lot of 'rides' and other big attractions if you only count the machinery-based rides but AK is an ANIMAL park and a lot of the attractions and time you are supposed to spend in the park is spending time with animals....walking the amazing walking trails in Africa and Asia, walking around the entry area and around the tree of life...these are some great attractions. People don't count these because people come in with the wrong frame of mind and I think Disney needs to market this concept better. Of course, I'm not saying they shouldn't build a few big machinery-based attractions because that would really make one of the best parks rock even more.

- Someone made the comment "Leave it up to Disney to take a everyday wild mouse coaster and make it into something more, something we'll grow to enjoy and to cherish for future generations." I have to say that this is a big jump of faith given the really poor job they did with Mullhoulland Madness. I don't know how many of you have ridden this ride at DCA but it isn't themed at all. As you ride it, you can see the entire track from start to finish (there are no real theming events around it). When you are riding it, you can look down and see the poles holding up the ride and can see the posts and foundation down on the ground. There is nothing to cover this up or theme it. Although I couldn't stop laughing during the ride and thought it was really fun (and wanted to ride again but nobody else I was with did), it wasn't magical and wasn't made into "something more". To be honest, I would have expected a bit more themeing and "stuff" at a Six Flags Park. Even the line was just a push of queues.

Good Point but I believe the overall theme of Paradise Pier is that its a classic California Carnival, the whole park is a tribute the great things in California, so the themeing is what it is. I cant say I like the carnival theme and it was a long shot for them to try but maybe the Dinosaur theme will be better but lets remember the themeing again will be a carnival (dino style). But you never know, we may love this ride in years to come, I think Cali Adventure and AK have a lot in common in that they are both phase 1 parks, they need time to grow and people will appreciate it more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom