Dinner Shows

ms7479a

Original Poster
Which dinner show do you think is better, the Polynesian Luau or the Hoopdie do Revue? (sorry about the spelling) Which one has the better food? Which is better overall?

tigsmom

Haven't seen the new Spirit of Aloha show, but we weren't all that thrilled with the old luau show.

We love the Hoop De Do... the food, the corny jokes and songs... its fun for everyone.

kaylasmom

Hoop De Doo... hands down.

I could eat 10 loaves of the bread they serve at the beginning of the meal!! Scrumptious. The show is great and it seemed like everyone had a really great time. Am I the only one who has noticed when they go through the audience asking people where they're from, it seems like everyone there is from someplace in Florida? Maybe I just go on Florida resident day? :)

Mystic

Hoop Dee Doo definitely. Haven't seen the new luau, I loved the old one though but we absolutely love the Hoop Dee Doo. It's a total riot, corny jokes and all.

MartyMouse

Are Hoop De Doo and Spirit of Aloha the only dinner shows? :veryconfu I can’t think of any others. I would like to see a dinner show when we go this Thanksgiving, but am not sure what show to see, I’ve seen Hoop De Doo but not the Spirit of Aloha, but I doubt my sister’s family would sit through a luau so I was looking for a third option.

Mystic

There is also Mickey's Backyard Barbecue. Here's what the Birnbaum book says about it.

"Also presented at Fort Wilderness is Mickey's Backyard Barbecue. A country band gest guests out on the floor to kick up their heels (the line-dance lessons help, too), and Disney characters join in the fun.

Dinner consists of plenty of picnic favorites: barbecued ribs and chicken, corn-on-the-cob, and baked beans. The seasonal dinner show costs $38 per adult and $25 for children. Tickets are required, so remember to book ahead."

Here's the link to the page on the disneyworld.com http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/dining/diningDetail?id=MickeysBackyardBBQDiningPage

SpenceMan01

HOOP DEE DOO! HOOP DEE DOO!

In all the years we've been going to WDW, we had no idea this existed until I read it in trip reports. We went on our last trip and had a blast.

TRY THE SANGRIA!!

pinjim

Hoop Dee Doo

Hoop Dee Doo for sure. Our family has been there 4 times in the past couple of years and the kids just love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom