Dinner Before Fantasmics

abyer

I understadn there a some restaurants in MGM where you get a ticket into Fantasmics without waiting the 1- 1-1/2 hours most people do. But you can't get priority seatign reservations ahead, ony when you arrive at the park. Do you know which restaurants? Any other helpful hints to get into Fantasmics without the big wait?

Disneynut

The restaurants are Mama Melrose, Brown Derby and Hollywood & Vine. We did the package at Brown Derby during our last visit. If you arrive at the Studios early in the day, you should have no problem getting a priority seating. The only downside is that you still have to arrive at Fantasmic an hour ahead of time. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Disneynutcase

We just did it, ate at Mama Melroses, and the food was great.

Two points to advise everyone on about this special deal: You can arrange for your "Fantasmic Dinner Package" for up to a week in advance at any Guest Relations windows at any of the four parks. We opted to do Disney Studios last on our trip and were able to make arrangements 5 days before we went to AK at AK's Guest Services. I admit when I made the arrangements at AK, I was a bit nervous--that Mama Melrose's would treat it as a PS but not the Fantasmic thing. But we had no problems at all.

Which brings up the other advise: if your waitress erroneously tells you that they won't be opening the special Fantasmic Dinner Package gate (located near park entrance) until 8:00pm (for an 8:30 performance), don't believe her.

The poor guy working the gate had about a dozen anxiety-filled familiess, all of whom ate at Mama Melrose's, who all got the same bad info. The reality was that the gate was closing at 8:00pm. We got there at 7:57 and were allowed in.

Seating section isn't the greatest. It's off to the far right of the staging area. You can see enough, but if you're expecting front and center, then you'll have to show up probably at least an hour to 90 minutes prior to show.

The nice thing was that by 7:00, crowds for attractions were really thinning out--10 minute wait for ToT, 20 minute wait for RnRC, we walked right into Muppets 3-D and Star Tours posted a 5 minute stand-by line. So if you plan for being at the special access gate by 45 minutes prior to show, you'll probably get a nice 45 minutes in the park prior to that (which would be 90 minutes before show) where the riding situation gets much nicer.

Not a lot of shows are going at this time--I think there was a Hunchback, a Millionare, and the final Mermaid performance for the day. We also discovered that Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area closed at 7:00 (we unfortunately didn't bother to look at the showtimes handout that listed early closing attractions). Our kids only got to play for 8 minutes. Very fun and cool playground. It was packed at 4:00 so we saved it for later, only to regret doing so.

I definately recommend Mama Melrose's. On a pretty crowded day, the place was never full and it was the only PS-ish place during our whole vacation where our party of 10 got seated right away. And everyone in the party loved the food and the atmosphere. For some reason they've hidden this place in the farthest corner of the park--behind all the Muppet area. Small sign for it, too, especially in comparison to Pizza Planet's which is huge and right around the corner (in much plainer sight) from MM's. That place was very packed during lunch and dinner. And I heard their Pizza is just okay.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom