Dinner and breakfast advice for 50th Anniversary

Minnie1976

Original Poster
My husband and I were married 50 years the day after Christmas. We never got to celebrate because of weather, grandchildren and work. We recently decided to make reservations to stay in the Contemporary Tower. In 1976 being brand new to Disney we stayed in the Garden Wing. Since then it has been off of Disney or values. I am finally getting my wish, no kids, no parks( I love the parks but we did the parks, heat & grandkids in Sept.) just a relaxing 2 days. Now that I have bored you with a little history, where to eat dinner.

Husband has always wanted to eat at the yachtsman, reservations made. We have always cancelled to please grandkids and have done character meals. Not this time.

Now my pick: any advise on these 3 restaurants Narcoossee, Citricos, or California Grill.
We have eaten at California Grill but was at least 14 years ago. I was thinking of the view plus food with CA Grill. LOL!!!

Breakfast is my other choice. He loves Kona Cafe and reservations made there. After sneaking in one of those Kona breakfast, our others have been grab something quick, get on a bus and get to the parks. I am sure a lot you can relate that.
Any ideas of a nice relaxing breakfast with no characters. Although I could lean to a character breakfast, after all I am in my 2nd childhood.

Thank you for any information you can pass on to me!!! Here are 2 pictures one as newlyweds and one on our 50th Anniversary. As you can tell I don’t do selfies well!
7A6A7BA4-E4FA-4565-8984-9CA5904B40EC.jpeg
BDCE6B1E-3E41-4249-8B5F-FC54955BDE1A.jpeg

Last edited:

DisAl

First, congratulations on your 50th anniversary! My wife and I will be celebrating our 45th anniversary with a trip to WDW March 5-11. We too will be in tower at the Contemporary because that has been on our bucket list for many years. If that coincides with your trip, wave at the other "seniors" you see. It might be us!
We have never been to Citricos but have been to both Narcoossee's and the California Grill. Both are excellent but can be quite expensive.
In our opinion the best meal we have ever had was at Narcoossee's. It was also the most expensive, but we were on the deluxe meal plan though so price was not an issue. For our upcoming trip we have ADRs at both California Grill and Narcoossee's.
We also did WDW trips with just the two of us for out 35th and 40th anniversaries. That is why we are doing it again for our 45th! It is a totally different trip with just the two of us rather than the whole family. (Four generations from the 3.5 year old grandson to my 89 year old mother.)
Here's hoping you have a wonderful trip! :D

zurgandfriend

For Breakfast I recommend the Grand Florian Cafe, My DW and I had our first breakfast as man and wife there and it has always been a favorite of ours. For dinner California Grill is a Great choice Yachtsman or if affordable Victoria and Alberts are others I would recommend. Best wishes on your 50th.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Congratulations!

I have not been to either Citricos or Narcoossee’s; but you do get to watch the fireworks there regardless of the time you eat at California Grill, provided you show your receipt to the check-in desk on the same day. FYI, the filet at California Grill blew the one I ate at Yachtman’s away.

For breakfast, the Wave has a decent breakfast and is right there in the Contemporary. You could also go to what I hear is a good buffet at Fort Wilderness.

JIMINYCR

Congrats. DW and I are making our way up the years ladder. At 35 presently.
We found the Wave was well worth it because it wasnt a place filled with screaming kids, a quiet atmosphere for adults wanting to eat and converse over coffee, juice and a fine breakfast. Theres a good selection of foods, we received attentive service and had the option of jumping on the monorail or walk to MK. The shops upstairs are worth wandering through, and offer a good selection of merchandise to look over. You cant go wrong with Cali. It still is a favorite dining spot, again it seems to be less kid driven and perfect for more adult type dining. I do favor Narcoosses slightly over Citricos.

Congrats on your anniversary and on doing a few days at Disney just the two of you. I haven’t been to Narcoosee’s or California Grill, but was at Citricos about two weeks ago. The service was impeccable and the food was delicious. I also appreciated how unrushed the service was. Normally, most restaurants want to get you in and out as quickly as possible. I never felt that way at Citricos. We were there nearly two hours and never felt like we had overstayed our welcome. My only “complaint” (and its not really a complaint) was that we were at a centrally located table so there was really no view to speak of. But, honestly, that wasn’t much of an issue as we were able to wLk around the GF grounds before and after dinner. I’m sure whichever you choose will be a wonderful experience. Enjoy.

mergatroid

Congratulations first and foremost. As for a character breakfast we tried The Garden Grill at Epcot last year for the first time and loved it. It felt very uncrowded and secluded and the food was delicious.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My husband and I were married 50 years the day after Christmas. We never got to celebrate because of weather, grandchildren and work. We recently decided to make reservations to stay in the Contemporary Tower. In 1976 being brand new to Disney we stayed in the Garden Wing. Since then it has been off of Disney or values. I am finally getting my wish, no kids, no parks( I love the parks but we did the parks, heat & grandkids in Sept.) just a relaxing 2 days. Now that I have bored you with a little history, where to eat dinner.

Husband has always wanted to eat at the yachtsman, reservations made. We have always cancelled to please grandkids and have done character meals. Not this time.

Now my pick: any advise on these 3 restaurants Narcoossee, Citricos, or California Grill.
We have eaten at California Grill but was at least 14 years ago. I was thinking of the view plus food with CA Grill. LOL!!!

Breakfast is my other choice. He loves Kona Cafe and reservations made there. After sneaking in one of those Kona breakfast, our others have been grab something quick, get on a bus and get to the parks. I am sure a lot you can relate that.
Any ideas of a nice relaxing breakfast with no characters. Although I could lean to a character breakfast, after all I am in my 2nd childhood.

Thank you for any information you can pass on to me!!! Here are 2 pictures one as newlyweds and one on our 50th Anniversary. As you can tell I don’t do selfies well! View attachment 340511View attachment 340509

Awww. And y'all haven't aged a day! Congrats!

It's your 50th. If your budget can handle it, I'd say splurge and do Victoria's and Alberts. My daughter and SIL ate their wedding night dinner at V&A. She said the food was amazing and the atmosphere is so intimate and special, it's like they do it just for you. Of the 3 you mentioned, I've eat at both Narcoossee and Citricos - enjoyed both. The extra about Narcoossee is the fireworks...they dim the lights in the restaurant and pipe in the music. Many diners leave their tables to go watch from the deck.

Make sure to let whatever restaurant you chose know you're celebrating your 50th.

And again, congrats and have a wonderful time!

LAKid53

Premium Member
For Breakfast I recommend the Grand Florian Cafe, My DW and I had our first breakfast as man and wife there and it has always been a favorite of ours. For dinner California Grill is a Great choice Yachtsman or if affordable Victoria and Alberts are others I would recommend. Best wishes on your 50th.

I second the Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast. Love their lobster eggs benedict. Their seasonal pancakes are good too.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thank you everyone for your warm wishes and information. We aren’t going until June, but we will have to decide soon!!!

Please let us know which restaurant you choose and what you think of your meal there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom