Dining With an Imagineer

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Last year [2017] it was $84 plus tax and gratuity. I'm doing it in August, but don't remember what they quoted me.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Yowza, that is pricey. I guess I can't be surprised though. I think my kids (and even wife) would be super-bored with that. They're love disney but talking about how things became, or why they do things, may not really interest them as much as maybe going to the park. I'm not knocking it, but I can its not for my family :)

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Yowza, that is pricey. I guess I can't be surprised though. I think my kids (and even wife) would be super-bored with that. They're love disney but talking about how things became, or why they do things, may not really interest them as much as maybe going to the park. I'm not knocking it, but I can its not for my family :)
Four-course lunch, personalized menu and a signed plate, along with a couple of hours with an Imagineer.

“Value” is in the eye of the beholder, but if the basic premise of meeting an Imagineer interests you, I don’t think it’s outrageous. My son and his fiancé are absolutely thrilled to be doing it.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

I recall ours taking 2-3 hours. It's paced so that they have time to talk/do a presentation (apparently some bring posters/displays to use as talking points) as well actually eat. Our imagineer had to wrap it up as he had a hard stop bumping into another actual work related meeting. I don't think the price was that much of a markup over the food when you throw something in there for the plate. It was a fun experience, I think the only downside we found to it is you have no idea what type of imagineer you will actually get. It might be someone who does design of new attractions, it might be someone who helps select "junk" for the set dressing, or they may simply be a project manager.

Upvote 0

Rogue21

It's been a few years since I did this, but it is well worth the $$ for a nice meal and getting to pick the brain of an Imagineer. I was extremely lucky because we had Jason Grandt as our Imagineer and he was excellent. Two hours well spent and worth every penny. That signed plate remains in a place of honor. :)

Upvote 0

HwdStudio

No offense but if it does not interest you and your family then why even comment on how pricey you perceive it to be?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom