Dining Plans

MickeyTigg

Original Poster
I'm trying to find it in our DVC stuff....does DVC give us any sort of access to the dining plan or the plans at a discount. We have AP's too.

:confused:

As DVC members, you are not able to purchase the dining plan. You can, however, buy the Disney Dining Experience card and receive a 20% discount off food and beverages in most better and some counter service restaurants.

We used it this past August and saved a nice amount of money.

MickeyTigg

Original Poster
ConstanceIrene said:
As DVC members, you are not able to purchase the dining plan. You can, however, buy the Disney Dining Experience card and receive a 20% discount off food and beverages in most better and some counter service restaurants.

We used it this past August and saved a nice amount of money.

Thanks...probably explains why I couldn't find anything.

RickEff

The Disney Dining Experience is the BEST $50 I ever spent. As an Annual Passholder, you can enrol for $50 instead of $75.

If you eat mainly at table service restaurants, it's a huge money saver. Considering that alcohol is also included in the discount - it takes no time to make your money back.

MickeyTigg

Original Poster
RickEff said:
The Disney Dining Experience is the BEST $50 I ever spent. As an Annual Passholder, you can enrol for $50 instead of $75.

If you eat mainly at table service restaurants, it's a huge money saver. Considering that alcohol is also included in the discount - it takes no time to make your money back.

Every night for the most part and usually for breakfast....thanks for the suggestion....now, I just need to plan for a trip.

dflye

ChadLP02 said:
a dining plan is coming for members too, dont worry.
Well, I've been holding out for years for DVC to get an online system to keep track of my points, and allow me to bank them. Every time I call to book a trip the answer is: "Well, we're working on that!"

I'll believe in a DVC dining plan when I can purchase one, as I now think that DVC is very adept at blowing smoke up your a** about upcoming features that take many years to implement.

ChadLP02

dvc dining plan would be out already if it wasnt an IT problem, which was the case, and now it's on its way to being done (seriously)

i dont know what member services and the website are working on but i'm sorry you're upset...it's probably a lot larger issue than you think with the website/points thing.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They really need to get a Dining Plan for DVC members. We were very upset when we were unable to get the add-on dining plan, because we were looking forward to having at least one sit-down meal every day. We feel that, currently, DVC members are being treated almost as second-hand guests when it comes to dining - I'm sorry, the $50 DDE plan isn't even in the same ballpark as the DDP.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We considered it, but we calculated that we wouldn't have gotten our $50 back. And since we don't know when our next trip is going to be, it just wasn't worth it at this time. Don't get me wrong - it's probably a great deal if you have more than one trip (or about 12-15 meals, depending on location) planned over the next year. It just didn't work out for us this time.

ChadLP02 said:
a dining plan is coming for members too, dont worry.

Any time frame on when this might happen? We'd definitely book a dining plan.

I agree with HauntedPirate who said the DDE isn't in the same ballpark as the DDP.

shadsdad

We just got back last week, had a party of seven and used the Dining card. We had a big dinner every day, Saved $48 dollars alone on one meal at Wilderness lodge, Our waiter took the card to the next table and told them this is the best deal in WDW, He said it is better then the Cast member discount. Saved over 200 dollars during our stay. The card more than paid for itself since it only cost 50 dollars with the AP discount.

ripleysmom

Just an FYI, starting in January, DVC members can buy into the dining plan for trips beginning April 1st 2006 and beyond.

$37.99/adult per day and $10.99/child per day. You must buy for all people in your party, and for the entire length of your stay. You do not need to purchase any park tickets. From my understanding, it is the same dining plan as the MYW Disney Dining Plan.

MickeyTigg

Original Poster
Dining Plan Question

Okay....I've never thought about getting this because it wasn't an option for DVC members prior to this....now I have a question as to whether it's worth it for us for our trip coming in June.

Here's our party -- Me, my wife Cindy, our 19 year old College son, our 10 year old son and our 6 year old daughter.

First issue...I've made all our ADR's for the trip (including Hoop Dee Doo, Cinderella and Spirit of Aloha)...if I choose to use DDP for these will we get our money that I charged back on these? Or would we be better off using the 2 credits somewhere else?

2nd issue...we have probably more meals planned (counter and table service) than what we'd get from DDP.

3rd issue...we'd be paying the adult rate for the 10 year old....he doesn't eat that much. If we were paying, he's still be eating off the kids menu.

Is it worth it for us?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
TiggerRPh said:
Okay....I've never thought about getting this because it wasn't an option for DVC members prior to this....now I have a question as to whether it's worth it for us for our trip coming in June.

Here's our party -- Me, my wife Cindy, our 19 year old College son, our 10 year old son and our 6 year old daughter.

First issue...I've made all our ADR's for the trip (including Hoop Dee Doo, Cinderella and Spirit of Aloha)...if I choose to use DDP for these will we get our money that I charged back on these? Or would we be better off using the 2 credits somewhere else?

2nd issue...we have probably more meals planned (counter and table service) than what we'd get from DDP.

3rd issue...we'd be paying the adult rate for the 10 year old....he doesn't eat that much. If we were paying, he's still be eating off the kids menu.

Is it worth it for us?

I'd say yes. I think [not sure] that if your 10 year old orders from the kids' menu, you can just pay for his meal and save the DDP credit for one of the [other] adults. Since you expect to use more meals than you get, then you'll still use up the credits. At under $40/day, you'll certainly save a lot over what you'd pay if you were paying cash.

And yes, any charges for ADRs would not be charged if you use the DDP. I booked CRT and asked specifically.

MickeyTigg

Original Poster
MontyMon said:
I'd say yes. I think [not sure] that if your 10 year old orders from the kids' menu, you can just pay for his meal and save the DDP credit for one of the [other] adults. Since you expect to use more meals than you get, then you'll still use up the credits. At under $40/day, you'll certainly save a lot over what you'd pay if you were paying cash.

And yes, any charges for ADRs would not be charged if you use the DDP. I booked CRT and asked specifically.

Thanks....that's a great idea. I suppose any meals that have already been charged we'd get a credit, right...though I may may not use the DDP on Cindy's...I've heard you're better off paying cash.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Just remember to call and change over the ressies.

They'll have to issue a refund and that takes some time (1-2 billing cycles - yikes!)

They'll still hold your # card as a guarantee instead though, so the calcelation periods still apply.

MickeyTigg

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
Just remember to call and change over the ressies.

They'll have to issue a refund and that takes some time (1-2 billing cycles - yikes!)

They'll still hold your # card as a guarantee instead though, so the calcelation periods still apply.

If we do this...I'll be buying the DDP through DVC and they can change the ADR's for me of the ones I want. I just may leave our Cindy ADR's on the charge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom