Dining plan with annual passes?

Peters_Shadow

We are going to be down again in Sept, we were just there in Feb (that's not a bad thing :lol: ). It probably would have made more sense for us to have annual passes this year. That is why we are considering getting annual passes in the future if it makes sense for us, but we really like the dining plan. Can you still purchase the dining plan with your hotel reservation when you have an annual pass? I didn't know if you could get the package sans park tickets.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I do not believe it is, at least not in the form and price that it available to MYW ticket holders. I inquired about it to a CM at the Poly and he stated that there was a dinning plan available to non MYW guests but it was around $80 a day. Now I asked around to a few people that work at the parks or are Disney travel agents and no one really knew what this CM was talking about.

One option you do have is to purchase a Disney Dinning Experience discount card. This will give you a 20% discount on nearly every table service restaurant on property as well as several other benefits. Here is a link to all the DDE information you will need.

Upvote 0

hcswingfield

My understanding is that the package can't be broken. If you have an annual pass, you can't get the Dining Plan. There are other options, though, that AP holders can do to reduce meal costs. There are a list of restaurants that offer discounts for AP holders, and there is a Disney Dining Experience card that one person in the family can buy and it covers some if not all of the family, and gives a discount at more restaurants than just the AP.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Well, I think you can buy the package with a 1 day ticket and still have the DDP. The Dining Experience card might be a better deal, though.

Upvote 0

soorelya

We are season pass holders and inquired about this on a long trip last year. You have to buy a 1 day MYW pass and you can add dining for the entire trip. The only problem is you don't use the 1 day MYW pass b/c you are a pass holder. I don't remember what they said about if the pass expires or not.

Upvote 0

bayoutinkbelle

I'm an AP holder and I booked my upcoming trip as a package with dining. I bought one MYW base ticket each for me and the son, which I believe I can use when I renew our APs (I'm pretty sure that's what I was told. If someone knows differently, please feel free to correct that.).

I haven't really investigated the DDE much yet, but I probably will since I anticipate being an AP holder from now on. :D

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I'm an AP holder and I booked my upcoming trip as a package with dining. I bought one MYW base ticket each for me and the son, which I believe I can use when I renew our APs (I'm pretty sure that's what I was told. If someone knows differently, please feel free to correct that.).
I haven't really investigated the DDE much yet, but I probably will since I anticipate being an AP holder from now on. :D

Yes, you can take the one day base ticket and use it as a credit against the purchase of an AP. However, you must do this in person at Guest Relations. A one day base ticket cannot expire 14 days after first use because if you use it, it's gone, there is nothing left to expire.

The DDE is definitely worth it, I buy mine every year and save the price of the card in one or two meals easily.

Upvote 0

bayoutinkbelle

Yes, you can take the one day base ticket and use it as a credit against the purchase of an AP. However, you must do this in person at Guest Relations. A one day base ticket cannot expire 14 days after first use because if you use it, it's gone, there is nothing left to expire.

The DDE is definitely worth it, I buy mine every year and save the price of the card in one or two meals easily.

Thanks for that!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom