dining plan restrictions

disneybonbon

Original Poster
I know that the dining plan requires 2 sit-down points for California Grill, but are there any exceptions to the menu that require an additional charge? Does Le Cellier have any exceptions that anyone knows about? I searched through the official Disney site and the allearsnet site but I couldn't find any specific exceptions except for lobster options.

I'm in the process of trying to decide if the plan is a good option including when compared to the DDE.

Thanks so much! :wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The only thing that ever really comes up for Disney restaurants is lobster and/or lobster tail as an add-on to a steak meal. Lobster is pretty much never covered unless it's in a soup, like a bisque. Or, at the Concourse Steakhouse it was in a risotto and covered. So, no plain lobster.

The places that really seem to have exceptions are Downtown Disney restaurants. The DDE is a better option if you're gonna have a drink with every meal and/or feel bad about tossing out food you don't eat.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The brochure used to mention that certain restaurants charged a surcharge for certain entree's. It no longer makes that distinction. If you order an add-on to the entree in the menu, then they'll charge you for the add-on and If you order alcohol or refills of non-refillable drinks they'll charge you for that as well [though some didn't when we were there in February, I think the server thought it was more trouble than it was worth].

JPVonDrake

-- Each Table Service Meal includes:

One (1) appetizer
One (1) entree
One (1) dessert
One (1) single service non-alcoholic beverage

or

One (1) full buffet meal
One (1) single service non-alcoholic beverage

Items listed on the menu as "side items" or similar headings are not generally included. As mentioned, these items can include "Add a Rock Lobster Tail to any entree $28" ; "Add a skewer of garlic butter roasted jumbo shrimp to any entree $9.99" ; "Side Items: Sautéed Mushroom Caps" ; or "Wine and Sprites Menu."

Items such as appetizers or entrees listed as "for two" can be ordered if two Guests on the plan choice to share the item.

Your waiter is fully trained on his or her location's menu and will be happy to assist you in knowing what you can and cannot include on the package. Anything not included will simply be billed separately.

For 2006, this policy applies to all participating locations at Downtown Disney. Entree surcharges have been eliminated.

Note, your meal entitlement includes a gratuity based on the price of your package meal. If you order items separately, please tip accordingly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom