Dining Plan Question

GrimGrinningGuy

I just purchased a week in WDW with a dining plan. I have one question.
Can a "table service" meal be used for a lesser "quick service" meal?

I'm not sure if the dining plan will be worth it or not, so I'll report back when I return.

Thanks.

pinkrose

I just purchased a week in WDW with a dining plan. I have one question.
Can a "table service" meal be used for a lesser "quick service" meal?

I'm not sure if the dining plan will be worth it or not, so I'll report back when I return.

Thanks.

Yes, you can have a table service credit converted to counter service, but I'm not sure on how. I'm sure someone will come along soon who will know.
We used the dining plan on our recent trip and really liked it. It was a lot of food though. I'm not sure if we'll use it again or not. We did have a couple of counter service credits left over (I got the stomach bug and couldn't eat a couple of days), but that's all that we didn't use. Our left over snack credits were used at Goofy's Candy Co. on the way out to buy candy, smores, ect. to brng home (we had 14 snack credits left over).

Upvote 0

Rockstar

Hello There.....We used the dining plan on our last trip and liked it for the fact that everything was technically paid for already. You can use your dinner at a counter service location if you want. You will receive a list upon check in what restaurants are included in the plan. Dinner comes with an appetizer and desert where a counter service portion comes with your meal and a drink so just simply state you want to use your dinner.....There are places that will also include a desert if they offer them for lunch. One nice feature about the dinner plan is that you can use two dinners toward a nicer restaurant. We did that a few times. The plan also includes the tip for dinner. On some days we would use our "lunch" option for breakfast, the snack option for a pastry or ice cream bar then go to dinner. They do offer a lot of food on the plan so balance out your meals properly. Also plan your meals a few days ahead of time so you don't lose track.........Sometimes you'll find very helpful CM's that will tell you that you still have another option you can get and sometimes you won't so ask questions especially at the counter service option. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

Actually, that last posting was a bit misleading. During the "Free Dining" promotional back in September/October, you could use the DIning Plan for counter service instead of table service, because all of the Table Service restauarants were completely booked up with no waiting list at all.

Currently, you can NOT use the Dining Plan Table Service points for Counter Service. I would have used it during my entire trip two weeks ago instead of Table Service if that were the case. I specifically inquired about that at the time of purchase, as well as at the time of checkin. It was confirmed throughout that currently you can NOT use the Table Service for Counter meals.

I chose not to get the dining plan this time, as I almost never go to the Table Service restaurants on property - and the ones that I go to (even down in DD) do not take the mealplan.

You should look at the Dining Plan link provided in the previous post and decide if you will get your money's worth by using Table Service. If not, counter service is cheaper per day than the mealplan.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom