Dining Plan (first timer)

ddrongowski

Original Poster
Our trip was already paid in full. Called the reservation number and added the free dining plan using code J4J. This gives us the 1 quick service, 1 snack, and 1 table service per person per day deal.

Now my questions.
1. We have 5 adults. Does each person use their own key to the world for their item(s), or do we all have to stay together and use the main persons key to the world?

2. What is the normal cash cost of a snack, that is available on the DDP?

3. What is the normal cash cost of a quick service meal, that is available on the DDP?

4. What is the normal cash cost of a table service meal, that is available on the DDP?

JoMarch

Hi

The dining plan is such a great way to go! I normally travel with 2-3 people. Since the trip is usually booked by one person, everyone's credits are on each card.

So when we travel, we always eat as a group and use whoever's card is handy. Once used, those credits are deducted from the group's account.

As for dollar amounts - I don't think you have to worry about that - as long as it's on the plan. To my knowledge, there isn't a cap as long as it's part of the dining plan.

I hope that helps!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Our trip was already paid in full. Called the reservation number and added the free dining plan using code J4J. This gives us the 1 quick service, 1 snack, and 1 table service per person per day deal.

Now my questions.
1. We have 5 adults. Does each person use their own key to the world for their item(s), or do we all have to stay together and use the main persons key to the world?

All of your credits are "pooled" and available on all of the room keys. If you're all together, any one key can be used to charge credits for the whole bill. If you're split up each individual can get whatever they want using their key.

The pool will have 5 TS, 5 QS and 5 snacks per night of the resort stay. So if you're booked for 5 nights there would be 25 credits of each type. The credits are accessible from the moment of check-in until midnight after checking out your last day and can be used in any combination you like until they run out. Every time you use credits, your receipt will show how many of that type of credit remain [so if somebody's sneaking out and using up credits you'll notice! :lol:]

I bolded "per night" because it's an important distinction [you mentioned "per day"]. If you arrive early on arrival day and depart late on departure day, you will likely end up paying out of pocket for some meals.

ddrongowski

Original Poster
Well this sounds like a nice deal. If I were to purchase this free ddp it would have cost around $1839.60 for the 5 adults for 8 nights. Figuring out the cost for where we normally have eaten in the past would run around $1780.00. So I am glad to have this free ddp. Would I actually buy it, probably not. But free it free.

Thanks for the answers everyone.

alj11980

The snacks have to be under $4.00. We went to DTD in July and tried to get cheese popcorn as a snack at Goofy's Candy Co. It was $4.95. They would not let us use a snack for this item. She told me it had to be under $4.00 to be used as a snack. They had the confetti popcorn for $3.95 so we chose that instead. Have a great time!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The snacks have to be under $4.00. We went to DTD in July and tried to get cheese popcorn as a snack at Goofy's Candy Co. It was $4.95. They would not let us use a snack for this item. She told me it had to be under $4.00 to be used as a snack. They had the confetti popcorn for $3.95 so we chose that instead. Have a great time!

Not necessarily...

Snacks that are on the DDP will have the DDP symbol beside them on the menu or on their label in stores. Officially, there's a list of things that are snacks anywhere you go. But each outlet has leeway to designate some other items in their location as snacks. For the most part, they're under $4, but I've seen one store where a particular Ice Cream treat was over $4 and was a snack, but another Ice Cream treat that was $3.95 wasn't. :shrug:

But the little square DDP symbol designates what is or isn't.

disney magic 06

What a brilliant deal, lucky you! We had the free DDP this year for the first time and loved it. We had meals and snacks left over on the last day so we spent most of it eating - and buying goodies to take home.

We found the waiters at the individual restaurants were VERY good at explaining exactly what was and what was not included in the DP, as were the CMs on the tills in the counter service places. When its free, you really can't go wrong can you. Remember you have to pay the tip based on what your bill would have been had you been paying out of pocket.

Have a great time :wave:

Lexi

My boyfriend and I are not big breakfast people so we figured out the best option was using the counter service for lunch and the table service for dinner to really get the most of the plan and then used the snacks whenever we felt like it..most people say you forget about your snack credits and that they are the most popular credits left over at the end of your trip..but we made sure to use every last one at the food and wine festival..somethings are worth paying out of pocket instead of wasting your snack credit because you would be surprised what Disney considers as a snack (example tomato basil soup at Pinocchio Village Haus and a RootBeer Float at the Plaza Ice Cream Shop)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom