Dining plan...extra meals

momof2girls

Original Poster
Here's my question..we have the dining plan for our trip in October for 5 nights. We have one extra meal that would take a table service so how do I decide which meal to pay for? Obviously I want to use the TS for the more expensive meals but how do I know which those are? :brick:

JimboJones123

If you have a breakfast or lunch, they are generally cheaper. Or if you hit a meal where some party memebers are willing to share.. That one.... or (whew) if you are doubling up on meals one day and don't need apps/desserts for one-- pay that day.

momof2girls

Original Poster
How do I know which meals we can share? There are three of us going and only one adult. Here's where we're planning on eating...

Sunday - dinner at Crystal Palace
Monday - dinner at Sci Fi
Tuesday - dinner at LTT before MNSSHP
Wednesday - dinner at Whispering Canyon
Thursday - Princess Storybook breakfast
dinner at LeCellier
Friday - CRT (already paid for!)

So we only have one extra table service. Would I be better off paying for the princess breakfast or one of the dinners or just paying out of pocket for the girls at one or two places? Only Crystal Palace is a buffett, right? How big are the kids meals? Sorry about all the questions!! :animwink:

shoppingnut

momof2girls said:
How do I know which meals we can share? There are three of us going and only one adult. Here's where we're planning on eating...

Sunday - dinner at Crystal Palace
Monday - dinner at Sci Fi
Tuesday - dinner at LTT before MNSSHP
Wednesday - dinner at Whispering Canyon
Thursday - Princess Storybook breakfast
dinner at LeCellier
Friday - CRT (already paid for!)

So we only have one extra table service. Would I be better off paying for the princess breakfast or one of the dinners or just paying out of pocket for the girls at one or two places? Only Crystal Palace is a buffett, right? How big are the kids meals? Sorry about all the questions!! :animwink:

Le Cellier is the most expensive of the group. LTT, CP and Princess Storybook are all buffets, so no sharing. Since the Storybook breakfast is the least expensive I'd plan on paying for that out of pocket. However, since you are doing Sci-Fi and Whispering Canyon before hand which are per item and could be shared, I'd check out the menus for both these places and see what I'd order for the three of you and add it up to see what the amount was and if you'd be making yourself crazy over an insignificant difference of paying for the breakfast out of pocket.

Here's the website to the menu's http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm

Portions are a decent size for the kids meals, but if they don't want the same thing and then there is going to be a fight over what to get and about sharing dessert, or having to buy one separately, it might not be worth it.

tigsmom

shoppingnut said:
Le Cellier is the most expensive of the group. LTT, CP and Princess Storybook are all buffets, so no sharing. Since the Storybook breakfast is the least expensive I'd plan on paying for that out of pocket. However, since you are doing Sci-Fi and Whispering Canyon before hand which are per item and could be shared, I'd check out the menus for both these places and see what I'd order for the three of you and add it up to see what the amount was and if you'd be making yourself crazy over an insignificant difference of paying for the breakfast out of pocket.

Here's the website to the menu's http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm

Portions are a decent size for the kids meals, but if they don't want the same thing and then there is going to be a fight over what to get and about sharing dessert, or having to buy one separately, it might not be worth it.

Just wanted to add... LTT is not a buffet. It is an all you care to eat dinner served family style (from big platters). You can take as little or as much as you want and they bring extra of whatever you ask for...its all about sharing here.

As far as the Whispering Canyon goes I would say get the all you care to eat BBQ skillet and not the separate menu items (though they are good as well). Again, they will bring extra of whatever you want like the LTT.
Our family of 4 usually goes thru one whole skillet and then a few extra servings of certain things (that goes for the breakfast skillets as well :slurp: ).

Kids portions are decent sized at most places, but unless they are both very light eaters I don't think there will be enough (I'm sorry, but I don't know the ages of your kids off hand).

Check out the menus from the link above and I would pay out of pocket for the least expensive. Bookmark it as well as it is full of usefull info. Magic and allears are my two favorite Disney sites.

Have a great vacation! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom