Dining plan - coincide with ticket or hotel?

Goofier

Original Poster
I have a planning question. I'm going to be heading down to Orlando again to attend a wedding, and I'm going to tack on some days at Disney. If I stay at a Disney hotel the whole week, but only go to the parks for five days, does the dining plan go for the amount of days that I'm at the parks, or the amount of days that I'm staying on property?

Floridasunshine

It matches the number of nights for your room reservations. Tickets have no bearing on the dining plan (other than you have to buy one day base ticket with a MYW reservation in order to get the plan).

If you are only WANTING the dining plan for the first 5 days, you could try to split you reservation into 5 days and 2 days. Just remember that all of your credits would expire at midnight of night 5. You can't spread them out over the whole 7 days. Also, if you split a reservation, you are not guaranteed to keep the same room.... they try to accomodate you but you might be required to change rooms.

shoppingnut

If you get the dining plan and have the extra table credits, this might be the perfect opportunity to try some of the restaurants that require 2 sit down credits.

Floridasunshine said:
If you are only WANTING the dining plan for the first 5 days, you could try to split you reservation into 5 days and 2 days. Just remember that all of your credits would expire at midnight of night 5. You can't spread them out over the whole 7 days.

OKay now this has me confused. I've got reservations for 6 days 5 nights. Can I use my meal credits all 6 days I'm at the park or only 5 of the days. I understand I only get 5 nights of credits, but if I only have 5 days to use the credits, which day can I not use my credits? The day I checkin or the day I checkout?

I called the dining line and got my answer, I can use my credits all 6 days of my stay, they become availbale as soon as you checkin, but they expire on midnight of the day you checkout of the resort.

So if you are staying 5 nights at a resort and 2 nights at a diff resort, the credits shouldn't expire until midnight of day 6; not night 5.

RonAnnArbor

also - do some searching and reading and you will get all kinds of opinions on how to use your meal plan. You don't even have to use the points on your plan per day -- you get the credits for the number of days, but can use any number of credits in any way you want -- you can use all 6 days of credits in one day if you want (not physically possible, but theoretically possible). Just keep in mind you get one sit-down service, one counter service, and one snack per day. You can use 6 snacks in one day, for example, but then you have no snacks left on the plan for the rest of the stay. I have done things like that -- gotta get a water here, a soda there, a brownie next...that's three credits...and then just pay for other snacks where you can't use the credits anyway (like down at Ghiradelli's in DD)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom