Dining Plan and Snack Credit Usage Question

Dave B

Original Poster
Can we use our snack credits at sit down restaurants? For Example, can we go to Sci-Fy Diner and just order milkshakes or dessert using our snack credits from the dining plan? We did this at BoG years ago, just can't find the info on the menus, if the dessert qualify as snack credits. Thx

Dave B

Original Poster
Unfortunately, you cannot.

Rule of thumb is you can trade down but not up, if that makes sense

A TS credit can be used for a QS meal (I wouldn't recommend)
A QS credit can be used for 3 snack credits at one transaction (never done)
Thank You for the response. I think you are misunderstanding me. I only want to purchase a milkshake, which is a dessert, not looking to use a QS credit. In the past I was able to use the snack credits for just the desserts at BoG. I have just never done it at any other restaurant.

Dave B

Original Poster
Just trying to figure out if we can use our snack credit for this or if we need to pay cash

Dave B

Original Poster
You were essentially trying to trade up by using a snack credit at a TS restaurant, which is not permitted (only at QS restaurants and for items designated with the snack logo). You could have easily googled the question and found your answer. I did just that with a question I had about Beaches and Cream and their ginormous milkshakes and if they were under the DDP as a dessert without the souvenir cup.
Actually I was not, please just read the original question, I was asking pure and simple if I could use a snack credit for a milkshake at Sci Fy Diner, because we had been able to do it at BoG I never mentioned trading in a TS or QS credit for three snack credits, which I am well aware you can do, Thank you though for the dialogue, if I had just googled it I would have missed this wonderful interaction, and technically why even have these boards if you could just google everything

Hcalvert

Actually I was not, please just read the original question, I was asking pure and simple if I could use a snack credit for a milkshake at Sci Fy Diner, because we had been able to do it at BoG I never mentioned trading in a TS or QS credit for three snack credits, which I am well aware you can do, Thank you though for the dialogue, if I had just googled it I would have missed this wonderful interaction, and technically why even have these boards if you could just google everything

My original post answered your question and provided ADDITIONAL information. If you don't like my response or it doesn't help you, just ignore the response and move on--that is one of the advantages of these boards.

Last edited:

Hockey89

Can we use our snack credits at sit down restaurants? For Example, can we go to Sci-Fy Diner and just order milkshakes or dessert using our snack credits from the dining plan? We did this at BoG years ago, just can't find the info on the menus, if the dessert qualify as snack credits. Thx
Shocking

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom