Dining plan and menu options

kybred72

Original Poster
If you're eating from the dining plan, do you order from a seperate menu or order with restrictions from the regular menu?

I'm viewing menus for the restaurants we've selected (and salivating :slurp: ) but it doesn't do any good if I can't eat from the regular menu :(

Thx!

tigsmom

I was under the impression that the regular menu was open to those on the dining plan, but when we were there last month we were always asked if we were on the dining plan before we got a menu and one server even said "so the sky's the limit then". :shrug:

yazmin182

I was wondering that same thing the first time we decided to go on the DDP 2 years ago. It is the same menu for everyone and that is a great thing! Mostly everything is included so don't worry. The only thing that I can remember is not included is the full lobster.

You can order pretty much anything, even the expensive food. I was excited about this last time because I could never do that anywhere else!

They usually ask if you are on the DDP before so they know how you're going to pay for your meal. And usually the servers let you know what is included in the DDP (ex.one beverage, appetizer, entree and dessert).

kybred72

Original Poster
I was wondering that same thing the first time we decided to go on the DDP 2 years ago. It is the same menu for everyone and that is a great thing! Mostly everything is included so don't worry. The only thing that I can remember is not included is the full lobster.

You can order pretty much anything, even the expensive food. I was excited about this last time because I could never do that anywhere else!

They usually ask if you are on the DDP before so they know how you're going to pay for your meal. And usually the servers let you know what is included in the DDP (ex.one beverage, appetizer, entree and dessert).

That's fantastic!!!! :sohappy:

MPitzen

The Only restraunt that has a restricted menu for those on the DDP is Planet Hollywood, their filet & lobster combo is not available.

kybred72

Original Poster
I am thrillled w/ this dining plan already! This plan is making it possible for us to eat at restaurants we wouldn't normally eat at!!! On past trips, we were always on a budget and would only eat counter service and an occasional character meal. Really looking forward to September :D

CAPTAIN HOOK

Thats great - Now, does anyone know if there are menus available online that show what is available on the DDP (or do I just visit the menu sections and hope that what I want will be available ?) :slurp:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Thats great - Now, does anyone know if there are menus available online that show what is available on the DDP (or do I just visit the menu sections and hope that what I want will be available ?) :slurp:
At TS restaurants, you can order one appetizer, one entree, one dessert and a non-alcoholic/non-speciality beverage. So anything listed as those items are fair game.

tigsmom

If everything is included on the DDP (except the surf & turf meal listed above), then I guess the regular posted menus would be a good guide. Menus may change between now & your trip though, but at least you have a good idea of what is available.

MPitzen

As I mentioned earlier, the only thing that will not be available from the menu selections on somewhere like allears.net would be at Planet Hollywood, where their steak & lobster combo is not an option, you could still get it but you have to pay an extra fee. EVERYWHERE else the entire menu is available. The only problem you might have with finding something on the menu now is that this is a different season and at some restaurants they change the menus daily/seasonally...

Have Fun & Good Luck

Ps. Hurry up and make your ADR's if you haven't already... they're booking up FAST

CAPTAIN HOOK

EVERYWHERE else the entire menu is available. The only problem you might have with finding something on the menu now is that this is a different season and at some restaurants they change the menus daily/seasonally...

I have no problem with seasonal changes as I can find the menu before I go - I'd hate to make ADRs for a particular place and find only half the menu available on the DDP

kybred72

Original Poster
As I mentioned earlier, the only thing that will not be available from the menu selections on somewhere like allears.net would be at Planet Hollywood, where their steak & lobster combo is not an option, you could still get it but you have to pay an extra fee. EVERYWHERE else the entire menu is available. The only problem you might have with finding something on the menu now is that this is a different season and at some restaurants they change the menus daily/seasonally...

Have Fun & Good Luck

Ps. Hurry up and make your ADR's if you haven't already... they're booking up FAST

hey! I just noticed where you're from! I'm in West Toledo ... hello! :wave:

ErickainPA

The sky really is the limit at a restaurant you choose. Just no alcohol is included (you can order a drink but it will be a separate bill for the drink that you must pay for) Some of the specialty non-alcoholic drinks are really good, you can get a drink like that (no free refill) and then ask for a coke usually or just water if you prefer.

If you don't want the dessert right then, you can ask for it to go or just not get one at all.

Pioneer Hall

I have no problem with seasonal changes as I can find the menu before I go - I'd hate to make ADRs for a particular place and find only half the menu available on the DDP

I used online menus as a guide, and didn't have any real surprises. Every restaurant I went to gave us the regular menu and let us choose what we wanted from it.

natalia1681

I used the menus from allearsnet.com and found them to be very thorough.
If you really want lobster, they had a 2 lobster tail dinner at Cap'n Jacks in DTD that was on the dining plan the last time I used it.
You can ask the servers at your restaurant to help you out, they are always incredibly knowledgable and ready to help:wave:

Tiggerfanatic

The only special menu we ran into last November was @ Mama Melroses for the Fantasmic package - that menu applied whether you were on the DP or not. But I think I remember reading on the boards that they changed and you now order from the regular menu.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom