Dining Plan ADR -- Credit Card Charge?

SpecialAgentK

Original Poster
For an upcoming trip, I've selected a Deluxe Dining Plan. I was about to make ADRs online for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue (which should take 2 dining credits from our plan, fine) but the system seemed like it still wanted to do a charge or hold on my credit card. I didn't proceed, but I wonder--why does it need to do that if I'll be paying through the dining plan?

Should I make the ADRs on the phone instead of online for signature restaurants or dinner shows?

lilclerk

For an upcoming trip, I've selected a Deluxe Dining Plan. I was about to make ADRs online for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue (which should take 2 dining credits from our plan, fine) but the system seemed like it still wanted to do a charge or hold on my credit card. I didn't proceed, but I wonder--why does it need to do that if I'll be paying through the dining plan?

Should I make the ADRs on the phone instead of online for signature restaurants or dinner shows?

You may have already done so, but I would call for prepaid meals like the dinner shows and CRT. It seems like the website doesn't recognize that you have the dining plan and wants you to pay most of the time.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You may have already done so, but I would call for prepaid meals like the dinner shows and CRT. It seems like the website doesn't recognize that you have the dining plan and wants you to pay most of the time.

Even if you have the Dining Plan, you have to give a CC for a CRT reservation. If you don't show, they will ding your CC for $10 per seat.

englanddg

One Little Spark...

They won't place a hold, they want a valid CC number because it's considered a "premium experience"...

If you don't show for your ADR, they will ding your CC $10 per seat. If you show, you won't have any charge.

HouCuseChickie

If it's a hard to get adr and you're afriad of losing it...you can book it online, pay for it and then call to have that amount refunded -i.e. it will just get switched to a credit card guar. It's sometimes a little sticky when they do this b/c it usually requires 2 reservationists to accomplish it, but....it's better than losing out on the ADR. We were on DxDP back in 2011 and I had this happen with CRT...i.e. saw a really good ADR time for dinner suddenly pop up about 3 weeks before travel. I didn't want to risk losing it by calling and waiting to get through all of the phone prompts, so I booked it online- paid- and then called to have them refund the $. It took a little while, but it worked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom