Different kinds of magic bands

TXDisney

Original Poster
So I went to Disney in January and used a magic band. Now I'm going back in 10 days and using a different magic band. It just got shipped about 2 weeks ago. I got a grey one and my wife a pink one. My question is, is I see some magic bands with themes on them. Not sliders and things like that, I mean a theme actually one the band. How do I get one of those? I've seen Frozen ones which look cool. Would I have to purchase one at a resort?

Tom

Beta Return
You can only purchase them on property, and usually only in the parks. I bought a Haunted Mansion one 2 weeks ago.

Rob562

And in case you weren't aware, all Bands linked to your profile can be used interchangeably for all aspects of your trip, whether they're from this trip or last trip, free or purchased...

-Rob

durangojim

How much? And what kind of selection do they have?
Usually between $25 and $35. There's Frozen themed ones, Star Wars themed ones, Haunted Mansion, and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party. I'm sure there will be more, and some are limited editions and only available for a while.

DisneyGirl3820

So if I already have a magic band from my last trip and plan to get a new mb at the MNSSHP, can I hold on to the new one for another trip to activate it?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
So if I already have a magic band from my last trip and plan to get a new mb at the MNSSHP, can I hold on to the new one for another trip to activate it?
All MagicBands, once activated, remain active until YOU deactivate them in MDE. So you can use both your old band and the new one from MNSSHP if you wish.

lilclerk

All MagicBands, once activated, remain active until YOU deactivate them in MDE. So you can use both your old band and the new one from MNSSHP if you wish.
Yup, and I believe the special ones, like HM and MNSSHP, need to be activated and linked to your account when you purchase them.

mattdenine

The question is when does Disney start offering themed magic bands at a extra cost instead of getting a plain one. I'm sure lots of people would pay an extra $10 or so to have a Star Wars etc magic band instead of a plain one.

deanaandrich

Have you seen the cover bands you can get? Google dvc cover bands. They are like stickers you can put on your magic bands. They have tons of themes. They are waterproof. We are annual passholders and use ours a lot and we haven't had any problems with them peeling off. Best of all- only 6 bucks. Much more affordable than the ones in the stores.

dreamfinder

The question is when does Disney start offering themed magic bands at a extra cost instead of getting a plain one. I'm sure lots of people would pay an extra $10 or so to have a Star Wars etc magic band instead of a plain one.

I think most of us expect this. It really is just a matter of time. It does add new complexities to the fulfillment process, going from 8 SKUs in the warehouse to dozens. And it grows exponentially if they allow for additional customization. Since most of the current "designs" are really just screen printed on top of plain band, how long until you can select your own images much like the design a tee store?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom