Didn't lose $200 deposit

Sofiesmom

Original Poster
Unfortunatley I had to cancel my December vacation last week. Some family things came up and I have to take care of those first. It was about 35 days out when I called to cancel. I was very surprised that the CM went over and beyond to help me not lose my $200 deposit. What she suggested was to "change my dates" of the vacation so I was at least 46 or more days out and then cancel the trip so I could get all my money back. So she changed my dates to February and then canceled the trip. I got all my money back. I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe it was pixie dust but she was a HUGE help and I would have never thought of that! :)

rufio

I'm so sorry you had to cancel your trip! :) But it's amazing that you were able to get your deposit back! Hopefully you can reschedule soon!

Sofiesmom

Original Poster
I'm so sorry you had to cancel your trip! :) But it's amazing that you were able to get your deposit back! Hopefully you can reschedule soon!

Thanks! We are actually going for two weeks in August. We are already booked and plane tix are bought! I am bummed cuz I wanted to see Disney at Christmas but I know I will one day. ;)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am happy to say that your story is pretty common. I have had to cancel my own as well as clients WDW reservations at the last minute and Disney has never done anything less than jump over backwards to avoid me having to pay cancellation fees.

wendysue

WOW...that is great! I only wish something could have been done for us. My husband was sick in September and I changed the trip to November. 2 weeks before the trip, he was hospitalized and I had to cancel again. They said there was nothing they could do and never offered to just change the trip and then cancel. Wish I would have thought of that at the time, but was too worried about my husband. After hearing this, I have no desire to rebook.....

rsoxguy

Kudos to Disney for an act of decency and kindness. I hope that things go well with your family issues, and I trust that your next trip to WDW will be all the better.

luv

OP, I hope your family stuff works out well for you.

Disney was amazingly helpful and kind when I had to cancel with less than 24 hours notice due to a family medical emergency.

It was an extremely difficult time and they couldn't have handled it better. Their help and kindness was the only thing that went well during those difficult days. I have never forgotten that.

wendysue

I guess it depends on the person answering the phone at the time you cancel. Wish I would have gotten one of the nice ones...

Phonedave

Psssst.

You can do that with "normal" hotel reservations too. If you have to cancel a hotel stay with less than 24 hours notice, you can call and instead reschedule it for a future date. Then you can call the next day and cancel it.

It is up to you to decide if this is honest or not, and if your karma can take the hit. I just throw it out there for all of you.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom