Did you convert your spouse?

Fritz_and_Ernst

Original Poster
I just wonder how many people out their married someone who wasn't into Disney and then got into it because of you. My wife had been once when she was younger. Her dad vowed she wouldn't go until she had a husband. In I step in and she has been hooked ever since. We do not go anywhere else on vacation. It is sad, but it has become our place to go. We both really love it and now that we have a child we are ready to add someone to our Disney circle of trust. A tradition we have is buying a magnetic photo frame (different one each time) for our fridge. Before it is just me and my wife, now it is also with our son.

tigsmom

My dad took me once (in 1978) and said the next time I went my husband could take me. He did... in 1992 with our 4 y/o daughter in tow.
We usually make one trip a year with our kids. We always get at least one family photo taken on Main Street USA, it fun to see how we've changed over the years.

Hes not a Disney nut like the girls and I are, but he tolerates our obsession as long as he gets to go to the beach to realx sometime while we are in Florida. :lol:

DisneyPhD

Hubby and I had happy memories of WDW as kids and both always liked it before we went together (a few years after we got married.)

However it was our 1st trip together to WDW when we stayed at Dixie Landings for the 1st time that we REALLY feel in love with the place. We have been back almost every year since. (sometimes more then once a year like right now. We just went in March and are going again tmw.) :p

After that it has been our place and it a very mutal obbession. People who don't know tend to think it is me that pushes it . What they don't know is my sometimes serious proffessor husband is a Disney Nut and he really pushes all the trips. :p I like it because he is always fun there.

Now we have kids and they love it, but I still think we like it more. :lookaroun

saucymb

I have been WDW-addicted since I was two years old, and had been many many times (including working) when I met my husband in 2003. Imagine my shock and disappointment when I found out that not only had he never been to WDW, but he wasn't really interested! I piqued his interest though, and three months after our wedding we went. Riverside was an immediate hit, and the Food and Wine Festival sealed the deal. We went back a year later, and he's now talking about our next trip! In fact, we were going to skip this year and visit the Czech Republic instead, but he keeps coming up with reasons to save the CR for another year and go to WDW instead. I don't know if I'd call him addicted, but he is certainly taken with WDW...

zuzudog

I'll find out...

Well I'll find out when we go in June. This will be my wife first time to the World (and the kids as well). I think she is sick of it already as I nearly talk about it daily.

It is fun getting the kids pumped up watching the lastest WDW Travel video and have my wife walk into the room. She grumbles something like, not again, then leaves the room. %-)

bt

Sloan

I created a True Believer

I took my wife on her first trip to Disney - and I'll always treasure the looks of excitement, wonder and child-like joy from that experience. That was just a few years ago - since then we got engaged in Disney (during Illuminations - Reflections of Earth) spent a portion of our honeymoon there, and, in total, have been back about a dozen times.

We're going to be back for the Food & Wine Festival and Party of the Senses again this year, and perhaps sooner for a quick birthday trip. (I hear rumors that another Annual Pass will be part of my b-day gift :sohappy: ) Our mutual love of Disney is a part of the special bond between us. I've been a fan since about 1974, so I guess its a good thing that she loves it too.

wild01ride

My girlfriend has only been once, for one day, when she was 6 years old. I'm an absolute nut for WDW and told her I'd take her during the Christmas holiday this year (it will coincide with visiting her parents at their vacation home on the East coast of FL.) So, I have been just showering her with material, planning videos, the official guide, park maps, past pictures, history, my personal experiences, etc. I may be overdoing it a little, but I am pleased to say that she is excited and open-minded and most of all, she says that she is mostly excited because of how much she knows it excites me!

So, we'll be sharing the Magic this coming (isn't that optimistic...237 days LOL!!) December for her first cognisant trip to the World!

Hopefully the trip will set the hook so she can understand why I watch the planning video two or three times a week!

:wave:

I try on a daily basis. I think I drive her crazy with all my Disney talk and listening to my disney music. It's either in your blood or its not. I think she is starting to get it.

cj2me

I actually created a family of believers...

Me and my sister are such DISNEY FANATICS..we go every year. For my husband's graduation gift from Grad School (then my boyfriend) I decided to take him to WDW. On the plane all he could say was I cant belive you are taking me to and Oversized amusement park, he said we wouldnt go again together until after we were married and had kids. Well by the end of the DAY, he was in heaven, he caught the magic and fell hard. We go every year now and we now have a daughter who turns 2 May 6, we will be in WDW for her birthday, it will be her 3rd trip to WDW.

In addition to my yearly trip with my husband, we always put together a girls weekend trip also.

Along with my husband, I converted my parents and 4 of my brother in laws and their families and my mom's best friend and several cousins. They all understand the feeling now.

Laura

Premium Member
I'm still in the process of converting mine. Before meeting me he had only been to Disney once as a little kid. Now I drag him down there all the time. He thinks I'm a little pscyho, but plays along because he loves me. He does enjoy himself though as long as I don't get overzealous and wear us out on the first day.

Disneyfan1981

My wife converted me actually. Living in California I used to go to Disneyland every year since I was a baby until about the age of 13, then I was totally off of Disney. I met my wife when I was 17 and she was a Disneyholic. She brought me over back into the Disney Lightside and we've been fanatics ever since, we got married last year with a Disney's Sleeping Beauty themed wedding and honeymooned at WDW. Now we're even trying to budget a trip once a year, Lol. :)

longfamily

In our early twenties, we were just friends and I got the opportunity to go, stay in Kissimee for $20 a night and go to the parks for free. My old roomie was attending a wedding there and the bride's father was a park executive. So she invited me along and she was taking her boyfriend and so of course I had to bring someone too. We had a blast there. It was the first Disney vacation either of us had ever been on without parental supervision. Strangly enough, that is where we fell in love. Today, it is the one place we choose to go to. We both actually have withdrawels about a month after returning and we start booking for the following year. He never really cared one way or another before about Disney. Today, he's worse than me:)

Edeyore

I wish I could. She enjoys the trips, but is pretty clear that Disney is "my
thing" and we are going for me and the kids. She always has fun and often
actually plans the trip to maximize that fun, but she would be just as happy spending the whole trip on the beach at the Polynesian.

westie

I took my wife-to-be to DL on a weekender. After about an hour I was making mental plans on returning and proposing, so no, were both disney-philes and no conversion was needed. A true plus. But, a year later we returned and I proposed to her at the Blue Bayou and, got a standing ovation! Six months later we returned and were married at the pavillion. We try to return to WDW annually. It just the best vacation.

parker kim

I'm still in the prosses of converting mine also. We both when together for the first time in 1986 with his family but, the disney bug really didn't bit me until planning trip w/our 5 1/2 year old in 97. then we returned with our daughter in 01. but our frip in 97 when kinda went the comando sytle. So husband keep complaining that , that was not really a vaction so we slowed it down quite a bit in 01, But he still in love with myrtle beach which I enjoy also but it just not disney. Our trip planned for this year had to get cancled do to pregence and building a new house. So here we come oct. 06 with 3rd child.

WDWFanatic

That used to be one of the first questions i would ask someone on a date. "Do you like disney?" anything other than an "I love it" answer was unacceptable. My new wife (April 9th 2005) already had some disney experience but she said the first time i took her was a totally different. It started when i proposed to her in front of the castle and the rest is history. Now all she wants to do is go back again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom