Did the audio/soundscape of Pandora change?

Sundown

Original Poster
I spent a good amount of time at Pandora last week. And couldn't wait to get back and post this question here, as it was driving me nuts. I even asked a CM in Pandora, but she kept to her in-character answer (so no answer).

I love background music. When I first went to Pandora back in June 2017, I was particularly pleased with one sound effect that I heard from the wooded area right before/around the "Spitting Plant". It was the sound that there was a LARGE Pandora animal somewhere close in the wooded area. The animal then makes a call. I'd say the animal would be more of a bull/cow/elephant type large animal.

A few seconds later, from the other side (non-Spitting plant side) wooded area there you hear a far-off answer call from the same type of animal....which is far off in the distance. It was a cool sound effect bit for sure.

But I spent plenty of time around this area and Pandora as a whole....never heard it and I was trying to find/hear it. So my question is, has the background sound effects changed? Do any of you others remember this sound effect? And if it has been removed was there a reason? I was thinking perhaps to make the Banshee the only large animal that guests focus on in the land?

Clamman73

Supposedly the sounds change throughout the day...but possibly it’s a thing like everything worked at the beginning but now some things just don’t work.

Sundown

Original Poster
Ah, so the sounds DO change throughout the day? I would think that would be a neat thing to have changing in the land, and to perhaps even have the sounds change with each "season" on Pandora (mating seasons, summer, winter, etc.). But I didn't know that Disney was currently using a soundscape that changed throughout the day. Do you have any more info on it by chance?

Didn't think about it being a sound-effect that no longer was working as it originally did. Good suggestion Clamman73.

cjkeating

Ah, so the sounds DO change throughout the day? I would think that would be a neat thing to have changing in the land, and to perhaps even have the sounds change with each "season" on Pandora (mating seasons, summer, winter, etc.). But I didn't know that Disney was currently using a soundscape that changed throughout the day. Do you have any more info on it by chance?

Didn't think about it being a sound-effect that no longer was working as it originally did. Good suggestion Clamman73.

I believe the main differences are meant to be between day time and night time. It could be what you heard only happened at day or night and you were waiting for it at the wrong time. Or it could be the audio loop is very long, which is probably is and you just missed it.

Sundown

Original Poster
Thanks cjkeating. Good points. I did spend a good amount of time in the area though, both during the daylight hours and a night. I was pretty convinced the soundscape was the same. But you certainly do have a good point.

Does anyone know for certain that Pandora does indeed have different tracks/soundscapes? (verifiable)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom