Did Early Morning Magic at the Studios Go Bye Bye?

starri42

We have a trip the second week of December, and while I was able to snag a Flight of Passage FastPass, I couldn't manage to get one for Seven Dwarfs or Slinky Dog. We're doing Very Merry Christmas one night, which will take care for the former, but there's nothing aside from rope-drop to take care of the latter.

Let's just say my husband is not the fan I am, and would be less than thrilled to make the run into Toy Story Land.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes EMM stopped when they started the daily extra EMH at DHS for the opening of Galaxy’s Edge.

Although Disney are probably regretting scheduling EEMH for two months right at the start, I would expect them to reintroduce them when Rise of the Resistance opens, which is scheduled to be Dec 5th.

Whether or not EMM returns, and what rides are included when if does, I doubt it will be in December.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
It has FOR NOW since they currently have Extra EMH in place until November 2nd.

Also RotR is supposed to open December 5th so I'm guessing that they also won't have EMM around that time.

I don't it went away for good though.

My guess is it will return in the new year.

Upvote 0

starri42

Original Poster
I would expect them to reintroduce them when Rise of the Resistance opens, which is scheduled to be Dec 5th.
I'm not sure if I hope they do or not. I mean, assuming there are a crush of people who have been waiting for Galaxy's Edge because of Rise (we're there the week after it opens), it would be nice to have the extra time to enjoy it and then see the rest of the rides that will probably be walk-on. But this is the first, and only, trip to Disney my husband will ever do with me, and I can think of few things he'd like to do less than be at the Studios at 6AM when we're nominally on vacation.

Upvote 0

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
There haven’t been After Hours events either since it’s opening but I’d expect them to come back next year, they can up charge for GE access
We have a winner.

I just don't understand why they don't release these dates further out. They have MK dates through the end of January and DAK dates through the end of March. You know that they are going to do a SWGE upcharge, just announce it already. For a place which puts such emphasis on preplanning ahead of time, it would seem like a no brainer to get these dates out sooner.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We have a winner.

I just don't understand why they don't release these dates further out. They have MK dates through the end of January and DAK dates through the end of March. You know that they are going to do a SWGE upcharge, just announce it already. For a place which puts such emphasis on preplanning ahead of time, it would seem like a no brainer to get these dates out sooner.

Totally agree. At the very least, park hours, EMH and upcharge event schedules should be firmed up by the 6-month mark, when we're expected to have our itineraries all planned out for ADR purposes. If WDW wants to wait until a few weeks before, fine -- but they should move ADR and FP+ windows up accordingly. We always do our best to plan well, but invariably, at least one or two of our park itineraries gets messed up by a last-minute schedule change (e.g., "Early Morning Magic" suddenly scheduled at a park we intended to rope drop), etc.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom