DHS rope drop strategy question

CheshireCat12

Original Poster
Which would you do-
1. Rope drop dash for TSMM with FP+ for RnRC
2. Rope drop dash for RnRC with FP+ for TSMM

Never needed to make this choice before but I find myself having to choose this time. I know these are both first tier FP+ attractions so a decision must be made. It may be our only opportunity at DHS. So tell me which you would do? Summer season, no small kids. One of us has not done TSMM, we all love RnRC, our top ride at the park.

Philhar-Fanatic

We always dash to RNR ride twice in a row with little wait then TOT with little wait. We make our fp for TSMM because the line for that is ALWAYS brutal. We are always there early March and has worked for us for the last 5 trips.

sgtmgd

Based on your RNR preference Id use the FP+ for TSMM...and do the RNR and TOT on that end of the park at rope drop

Weather_Lady

I concur with the others' advice. Our party aims for a TSMM FP+, scheduled around 2 hours after rope drop. At rope drop, the daredevils of the group do RnR twice and then TOT (while the rest of the group does TSMM and either Disney, Jr. or Mermaid). We meet back up for the Great Movie Ride and tour in a clockwise direction, hitting Star Tours and the Muppets, and ending up at TSMM for our FP+ (around 11:00am, with a 9:00am park opening). Then we visit whatever 2 or 3 shows the group most wants to see, working in a CS lunch somewhere, and are done and leaving the park by 2:00pm. Maximum attractions, minimum waits, and a minimum of criss-crossing the park. Easy peasy. :)

WhatJaneSays

I would FP+ TSMM AND dash for it too. That way you get to enjoy it twice.

RnRC will likely have lulls during the day that TSMM won’t. Plus RnRC has the single rider line for re-rides.

To ask a side question to the OP, if I were to dash to the back of the park for RnRC and ToT at rope drop what time would be good to get the FP+ for TSMM if I wanted to ride these (possibly one or two of them twice) and still be able to get to TSMM ontime? We will be staying last week in February. Thanks!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
To ask a side question to the OP, if I were to dash to the back of the park for RnRC and ToT at rope drop what time would be good to get the FP+ for TSMM if I wanted to ride these (possibly one or two of them twice) and still be able to get to TSMM ontime? We will be staying last week in February. Thanks!
If you don't want to rush, I would go with noonish or later as you can easily spend and hour +/- between RnRC and ToT right after park opening. The rest of the parks attractions border on walk on so you can easily fill up the space between RnRC/ToT and your FP with GMR, ST, Muppets, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom