Dessert Party Reservation Tricks?

jasongowin

Original Poster
Is there a special trick one can use or a tip on the best way to try to get into one of the dessert parties..does the annual pass only allow me dining reservations 30 days out as well? I really want to check one of them out.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is no easy way as the desert parties do not consistently release at 180 days out. All you can do is start calling at 180 days and check back daily until you get lucky.

A room reservation will buy you a few days as you can reserve for your entire length of stay up to 10 days from 180 days (hence the title 180 + 10), but since availability does not automatically release like restaurant reservations do, those extra days are often of no use in getting a desert party reservation.

jasongowin

Original Poster
alright, thank you. I'll try that - i was finally after 3 years able to get reservations to Be Our Guest on the 4th - so now I am shooting for the Dessert party.

Clyde

alright, thank you. I'll try that - i was finally after 3 years able to get reservations to Be Our Guest on the 4th - so now I am shooting for the Dessert party.
Your question inspired me to go take a look for myself. I just went on the site and for my reservation which is about 175 days out at this point, I was able to get a reservation. I almost pulled the trigger too but when it came time to pay it was $156 for my wife and I with our two young children. WOW huh? :D

da1070

Check every morning. 180 it showed booked for me. I called and voiced my unhappiness. The gentlemen told me to check every morning at 700. 3 days later had the time and day I wanted.

wdwhoneymooner

It's crazy how much the Dessert Parties have gone up! We did this once @MK the year it started. I believe adults were around $15 and children were $10. Maybe a little more but not by much. I thought I read somewhere that the prices have reached upwards of $50 or so depending on which Dessert Party you reserve. It was nice having some space to watch the fireworks without worrying about bumping into folks. And the tables and chairs made for a more comfortable time. This was during July 4th so it was packed outside the Dessert Party area.

Last edited:

jasongowin

Original Poster
it is 50 bucks for the Tomorrowland dessert party, not sure what the Frozen Dessert party is running....I've been checking every morning. Still nothing.

wdwhoneymooner

so you don't think its worth my time or money?

I suppose you'd have be realistic of what to expect. If it's something that sounds cool and it will be one of those, "I want to try it at least once in my life" then go for it. Although the desserts were nice and the space you get made it more enjoyable to watch the fireworks, we decided it wasn't worth a second time even when the prices went up slightly. Just remember, for a family of 4 it will run you about $150+ and if you have a late dinner, you won't feel like you can get your money's worth because you may not be hungry enough. We scheduled a meal no later than 5:30 so that when we were seated @ 8ish(?) we became hungry enough to eat our fill.

In the end, we did enjoy ourselves and didn't regret trying it. But our check was a lot less than $150.

wdwhoneymooner

Adult price (10+ y/o) = $49 pp
Child price (2 - 9) = $29 pp

This constitutes a double in price that started July 5th. It's still is a very popular thing to do, even with the price increase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom