Deposits and Cancellations

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
So I still have awhile til this actually applies to me, but I thought of it this morning and I’m having trouble finding exact answers.
We are going to Disney in January of 2020. We are really hoping for the Play Stay and Dine offer that has been available in the past, but obviously we know nothing is guaranteed. Since our ADR booking window will open in July, before any January offers are released, I’m guessing we should make ADRs, then just cancel them if we don’t end up getting the dining plan.
So my questions are- Are there any dining locations that require a deposit? If so, are these deposits refundable? And second, we can cancel ADRs well ahead of time without penalty, correct?
Thanks so much.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The only things that I can think of that require upfront payment are the dinner shows and CRT which need to be paid in full when you book, but even those are fully refundable if you cancel in advance.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As mentioned before, there are a few that require payment in full at the time of booking, but the rest only require a credit card guarantee. In those cases, nothing will be charged to your card providing that you cancel the ADR 24 hours in advance.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
The only things that I can think of that require upfront payment are the dinner shows and CRT which need to be paid in full when you book, but even those are fully refundable if you cancel in advance.

Thank you! CRT would be one of our bookings so that is one I was wondering about. So if we pay in full, then end up getting a dining plan, I’m assuming we can be refunded and use credits instead?

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
As mentioned before, there are a few that require payment in full at the time of booking, but the rest only require a credit card guarantee. In those cases, nothing will be charged to your card providing that you cancel the ADR 24 hours in advance.

Perfect, thanks.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Just know that without a conformed resort reservation, you can't book your ADRs for every day of your intended stay, i.e., you'll have a 180 booking window every day for however long you plan on staying.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Just know that without a conformed resort reservation, you can't book your ADRs for every day of your intended stay, i.e., you'll have a 180 booking window every day for however long you plan on staying.

Yes, thank you. We are planning on booking our package as soon as 2020 rates are released! :)

Patcheslee

I think there is a work around on deposits if you plan on booking a package through Disney already. If it already includes the DDP then the ones that require deposits will bypass the requirement. You can cancel the DDP before final package payment is due and have the dining plan removed if you can't get free dining. Can anyone else confirm this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom