"Deluxe" magic bands

danpam1024

Original Poster
forgive me if this is already somewhere, but are there plans for a deluxe type magic band? One that has a watch and perhaps alarm when you are getting close to a reservation time? Like a simplified version of a smart phone type watch. Does it work with smart phones? The more I read about it, the more confused I am.

Rob562

Nothing beyond speculation, wishful thinking and "armchair Imagineering".

I would put Bands with characters and other custom designs for sale as more probable than a "smart" Band.

-Rob

danpam1024

Original Poster
well if you are now permitted unlimited reservations, how in the world do you keep track of all that? I can't even remember where I park my car!

Vader2112

I already have a drawer full of the bands. lol I received my AP set 4 days beofr3e my passes we do for renewal, the we booked a trip and got another set. Renewed my passes whihc trigged a 3rd set. redeemed my renewal certificates and this triggered a 4th set. Going memorial day weekend now I supposed Ill get a fifth? I will at least be able to color coordinate. Seriously this has to be costing WDW some money. I hear $4.00 to produce the band I will have 20 bands I imagine after booking my next trip. So $80.00 plus shipping they have spent thus far. I actually have spent less time in the park since Fast Pass Plus started. So I so not know where they are going to make he money maybe by selling the tech off?

danpam1024

Original Poster
I already have a drawer full of the bands. lol I received my AP set 4 days beofr3e my passes we do for renewal, the we booked a trip and got another set. Renewed my passes whihc trigged a 3rd set. redeemed my renewal certificates and this triggered a 4th set. Going memorial day weekend now I supposed Ill get a fifth? I will at least be able to color coordinate. Seriously this has to be costing WDW some money. I hear $4.00 to produce the band I will have 20 bands I imagine after booking my next trip. So $80.00 plus shipping they have spent thus far. I actually have spent less time in the park since Fast Pass Plus started. So I so not know where they are going to make he money maybe by selling the tech off?
too funny how do you know which ones work?!?!

Rob562

too funny how do you know which ones work?!?!

They all do.

Unless you specifically deactivate them on the MDE site or app, all Bands linked to your profile can be used interchangeably with each other. Nothing is stored on the Band itself, it just acts as a pointer to your MDE profile.

When you customize them, your name is printed on the inside so you can tell them apart.

-Rob

cw1982

well if you are now permitted unlimited reservations, how in the world do you keep track of all that? I can't even remember where I park my car!

It's not really "unlimited reservations" other than in theory.

What I mean by that is that you can only book your first three in advance, and then after that you can book one at a time. After you use your fourth, you may get a fifth, and so on. So, you're really limited to however many you can get through in a day, based on timing and availability.

And, since the most you'll be able to have booked at a time is three, and then it goes down to one at a time, I don't see this as being something that would be too terribly hard to keep up with.

I do agree it would be cool if they had one with a watch or a built in alarm of some time to remind people that it's time to head to their next fastpass attraction... but then again, as much as many people look at their phones today, somehow I doubt many people forget lol.

Rob562

What I mean by that is that you can only book your first three in advance, and then after that you can book one at a time. After you use your fourth, you may get a fifth, and so on. So, you're really limited to however many you can get through in a day, based on timing and availability.

And, since the most you'll be able to have booked at a time is three, and then it goes down to one at a time, I don't see this as being something that would be too terribly hard to keep up with.

I do agree it would be cool if they had one with a watch or a built in alarm of some time to remind people that it's time to head to their next fastpass attraction... but then again, as much as many people look at their phones today, somehow I doubt many people forget lol.

I'd be happy with push notifications from the MDE app.

I also wrote to the MDE people and suggested they include calendar integration for phone calendar apps, or perhaps an Android widget I can park on a home screen on my phone to get a quick view. (As it stands now, I'll probably input my FP+ times on my "Disney" calendar on my Google Calendar account so that I get a quick view of at least my pre-scheduled FP+ times)

-Rob

cw1982

I also wrote to the MDE people and suggested they include calendar integration for phone calendar apps, or perhaps an Android widget I can park on a home screen on my phone to get a quick view. (As it stands now, I'll probably input my FP+ times on my "Disney" calendar on my Google Calendar account so that I get a quick view of at least my pre-scheduled FP+ times)

-Rob

Yep. I could see that working quite nicely, and I would actually like the notifications on the MDE app more than having an alarm on a watch lol.

How cool would it be if they did include calendar integration?!?

Methinks we're giving them ideas for a "premium" app... lol.

danpam1024

Original Poster

I'm one of those rare people that refuse to bring my phone on vacation. I'm with the people I care about and if there is a true emergency, certain people know where to reach me. Heck- I don't even know where my phone is right now- drives my hubby and my boss insane :D

BoarderPhreak

Forget the deluxe MB... I'd be happy if Disney's system would work with something like the Apple Watch (which unfortunately doesn't do RFID but has NFC).

DarthVader

Sith Lord
They have a new slider digital grey one and a Minnie face one too!
Well, in 2014 when this thread was created, that wasn't available ;)

I'd be happy if Disney's system would work with something like the Apple Watch (which unfortunately doesn't do RFID but has NFC).
Why? Honest question. I'm happy with how the fastpasses with with RFID. I'm not sure what NFC brings to the table that isn't being handled sufficiently with the current MB

BoarderPhreak

Why? Honest question. I'm happy with how the fastpasses with with RFID. I'm not sure what NFC brings to the table that isn't being handled sufficiently with the current MB
Not that I mind the MB; not at all. But rather than pay for a more upscale MB, I'd rather use an existing smartwatch. For one, I won't be wearing a MB outside of WDW. Secondly, it's just a matter of convenience.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Not that I mind the MB; not at all. But rather than pay for a more upscale MB, I'd rather use an existing smartwatch. For one, I won't be wearing a MB outside of WDW. Secondly, it's just a matter of convenience.
I see what you're geting at, I thought you wanted an NFC equipped MB, but rather you want to use your smartphone.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

-Rob
I think Google calendar does that to a point.

Every time I get an email conformation for dining, fastpass, doctor appointments, etc the info creates an event in my calendar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom