Deleting Someone from Family and Friends List

aperitif

Original Poster
I want to delete a person from the F&F list on MDE. When I try to do it, I get a prompt saying they can't be deleted because we currently have plans together. We do not. We will not. This person is no longer a friend or family. I'd like to not have to see their name everytime I'm doing Disney planning.
Bonus likes for anyone who can tell me how to erase their face from past Photopass photos :)
Not that I'm bitter or anything.
TIA

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I want to delete a person from the F&F list on MDE. When I try to do it, I get a prompt saying they can't be deleted because we currently have plans together. We do not. We will not. This person is no longer a friend or family. I'd like to not have to see their name everytime I'm doing Disney planning.
Bonus likes for anyone who can tell me how to erase their face from past Photopass photos :)
Not that I'm bitter or anything.
TIA
Have you shared your list with anyone? Try unsharing it, then try deleting them, then you can re-share your list with everyone still on it.

If that doesn't work, try calling the help desk -- they should be able to fix your problem.

And I'm pretty good with Photoshop essentials... maybe I can help.

aperitif

Original Poster
Have you shared your list with anyone? Try unsharing it, then try deleting them, then you can re-share your list with everyone still on it.

If that doesn't work, try calling the help desk -- they should be able to fix your problem.

And I'm pretty good with Photoshop essentials... maybe I can help.
Okay. That's genius. I did share my list with someone who I am planning with right now. That is probably the issue. Thanks so much.

Lol on the photoshop

Rob562

It's managed by me.

Ok. The problem usually has to do with a MagicBand or old ticket being linked to a managed-by-you profile which can't just be removed from the system. I had to help my friend with this issue in trying to remove his ex-wife from his account.

You have two options, depending on whether you have (or want) contact with the person you're removing, though both are essentially the same: getting the other person to exist as a standalone MDE account so you can then defriend them.

The easier option if you're still in contact with them is to have them create an MDE account, you go into the listing on your account and fill in their email address to link to them. Once they accept, all Bands, tickets, etc move over to their account. You're then free to unfriend them as long as you don't have any future reservations together. This option would at least allow them to use their existing MagicBands again.

The second option is to create a dummy MDE account in their name, then become friends with them and unfriend them as described in option 1.
To do this, use a service like 10minutemail.com to create an auto-expiring email address. Use that temp email address to sign up for a new MDE account in their name. (You'll probably have to verify the email, so make note of how that temp email inbox works. You may have to extend it 10 or 20 minutes)
After that's created, go into your own account, fill in the temp email under their name. Go back into temp account to accept friend request. Then finally go back into your own account and unfriend the person.

After that you're done. The email address will go inactive, any emails to it from Disney will bounce, and the account will just sit inactive by itself with no friends. I'm not sure if Disney ever cleans out inactive accounts, but that's up to them. And if the ex-friend ever wanted to use their Bands again, they could probably press the matter themselves with the MDE Help Desk and get the inactive dummy account linked to them at a new email. (Probably easier to do if you set the dummy account up in their real name)

-Rob

Last edited:

aperitif

Original Poster
Fantastic info @Rob562 . No, I don't want contact, so the second option is great. I also didn't know about dummy/expiring email accounts.
Thanks very much!

BrandonMiller84

Wonderful advice by @larryz here, if his tip doesn't work - I'd strongly recommend not trying to do anything else suspicious with 3rd party sites or anything and just contact customer support/help desk, they will definitely help with your issue.

aperitif

Original Poster
Wonderful advice by @larryz here, if his tip doesn't work - I'd strongly recommend not trying to do anything else suspicious with 3rd party sites or anything and just contact customer support/help desk, they will definitely help with your issue.
What do you mean by "anything else suspicious"?! I've done absolutely nothing yet and I definitely am not looking to do anything "suspicious". I just want to remove someone from my account. Someone to whom my family gave a free deluxe 2 week, all expenses paid, trip. Then we returned home and he immediately did something unforgivable. I just want the dude's name off of my profile. I'm not trying to do anything suspicious, or underhanded. I'm not trying to get anything from him, or take anything from him. He can keep his Magic Band. I just want him out of my space.

I ended up doing a CM chat in the MDE app. I was having the same issue. They were able to remove them for me although it take a good 30 minutes.
I'm impressed that you managed to accomplish something with the MDE chat feature, even if it did take 30 minutes :)
Seriously though, thank you for your input.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I just want to remove someone from my account. Someone to whom my family gave a free deluxe 2 week, all expenses paid, trip. Then we returned home and he immediately did something unforgivable.
Dang! Take me to WDW for 2 weeks all expenses paid and I'm yours for life!

matt9112

What do you mean by "anything else suspicious"?! I've done absolutely nothing yet and I definitely am not looking to do anything "suspicious". I just want to remove someone from my account. Someone to whom my family gave a free deluxe 2 week, all expenses paid, trip. Then we returned home and he immediately did something unforgivable. I just want the dude's name off of my profile. I'm not trying to do anything suspicious, or underhanded. I'm not trying to get anything from him, or take anything from him. He can keep his Magic Band. I just want him out of my space.

I'm impressed that you managed to accomplish something with the MDE chat feature, even if it did take 30 minutes :)
Seriously though, thank you for your input.

I want a free trip....in case your giving them away.

Amberrr

Yea but sometimes people are even petty and get all photopass pictures deleted from your account even when they arent present in the pictures.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Very long 3.5 years of deceit and lies long. Almost as long as it will take you to stand in line for ROTR and get on. 🤣
Well, nobody here will lie to you or deceive you. If they do, they'll get called out for it PDQ.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom