deleted

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Not to be a downer. But if I read that correctly, all Marni stated was there is a plan for a TL redo. Never actually mentioned a timeframe. The only timeframe referenced is for when asked if the PM is still planned to get demo’d.

I personally believe it’ll be done within the next 10 years, but for all we know it could be closer to when the 75th happens or longer.

Darkbeer1

Plans right now. Open up Galaxy Edge. Step 2, watch the guest traffic flows and see if the match our expectations. Step 3, address the issues.

Expected traffic flow, DCA will take a hit, and why the big Push for Super Hero Land. Disney expects that will help bring in a different crowd. But many Star Wars fans also are Super Hero Movie fans, and visa versa.

But not everyone falls into the two groups of fans. And Disney knows they need to address that group in the future.

But Disney wants something new around May of each year. And they prefer to have some years on the low end of the budget, and only do big budget every few years, leaving middle cost range to fill in the gaps.

But Disney is playing wait and see, then decide how much they need to spend to keep the guests coming in and paying the high prices.

If DCA 1.0 did one positive thing, it was proof that being cheap and not delivering doesn't work.

So even the Toontown and other nearby projects are still in the design and cost analysis stage. When and if they are greenlighted will not be decided anytime soon.

TwilightZone

Well we already know that the murals are blacked out and that there seemed to be workers at the peoplemover, but that's all the current updates I know of.

Californian Elitist

Blasphemous. How about Blahtopia?

Why? I think the pre show videos are stuck in the 90s, and it could use a little bit of updating to tie it in with whatever direction they choose to go, but other than those minor issues, the ride is in great shape and still popular.

I want all of Tomorrowland demolished. Start over on the entire project. The rides I would bring back, but updated, would be Autopia and Space Mountain. If done right, I would be for new versions of these rides with updated technology and special effects. If I had it my way...

That’s where my comment stems from.

TwilightZone

I want all of Tomorrowland demolished. Start over on the entire project. The rides I would bring back, but updated, would be Autopia and Space Mountain. If done right, I would be for new versions of these rides with updated technology and special effects. If I had it my way...

But space mountain has new technology and special effects in it from when it became star wars I'm pretty sure. It doesn't need any more than it already has.

TP2000

Your cynicism is deserved. When it comes to Tomorrowland, it's been bad for years now and they've got no one to blame but themselves.

Nice to know they have a plan.

No kidding. Yet another plan. I think that's about the fifth or sixth Tomorrowland redo plan they've had since the Rocket Rods closed 18 years ago. Another plan that will just need to wait for another year or two for FILL IN THE BLANK project to be completed before they can focus resources and money to really do it right. :rolleyes:

Tomorrowland is a dump. It's been a dump for years. The revolving door of TDA executives don't care it's a dump. Bob Iger doesn't care it's a dump. Bob Chapek doesn't even know where Tomorrowland is, but if you showed it to him he'd agree it was a dump. It's just a dump.

If I was 19 years old and went into TDA's employment center to get a job, all gussied up and perky and answering all the questions right, and then they said "Congratulations! We'd like to offer you a job at Disneyland. You can start next week and you are assigned to Tomorrowland!" I would say.... "Oh, Tomorrowland? I was kind of hoping for Haunted Mansion or Cars Land. Is Pixar Pier available? Just Tomorrowland? Uh, never mind, I'm waiting on a call back from the Starbucks drive-thru near my house."

But it's so awesome to hear they have another plan, that might do something in a decade or two.

Last edited:

TwilightZone

I totally agree with you. Tomorrowland truly is a dump. It's terrible, and I consider it to be the worst Tomorrowland in the world, including Discoveryland Paris.

Although if I were offered a job in Tomorrowland, I wouldn't be able to turn it down, because I've always wanted to work in a Disney park. ;):hilarious:
I wouldn't turn down tomorrowland. Have you seen the lines for buzz lightyear? Gonna get some decent overtime from that.
Key word decent. Not fantastic, great, or even good.

trainplane3

Space Mountain? You do realize you guys got a truly overhauled SM in 2005, right? I don't think you have much room to complain when you look at Floridas sad excuse for a Space Mountain. Ours is literally held together by welds on welds, burnt out lights, projections that sometimes work if they feel like it, and a purely crap audio system that Disney should be ashamed of "plussing" the ride with. And while most don't care for the overlays, they at least give it attention.

WDW got an overlay this year actually. They turned off all the lights and changed the off-ride audio. Yep. Couldn't hear the audio but at least you couldn't see what was actually broken.

Californian Elitist

But space mountain has new technology and special effects in it from when it became star wars I'm pretty sure. It doesn't need any more than it already has.

There’s room for improvement.

Fair enough, and I do agree with you mostly. The only part I disagree with would be demolishing the current Space Mountain. With current management, I don't see them demolishing much at all, which is sad considering the possibilities.

Disney is not going to do anything substantial for Tomorrowland, based on their current record. It’s a pipe dream of mine.

Space Mountain? You do realize you guys got a truly overhauled SM in 2005, right? I don't think you have much room to complain when you look at Floridas sad excuse for a Space Mountain. Ours is literally held together by welds on welds, burnt out lights, projections that sometimes work if they feel like it, and a purely crap audio system that Disney should be ashamed of "plussing" the ride with. And while most don't care for the overlays, they at least give it attention.

WDW got an overlay this year actually. They turned off all the lights and changed the off-ride audio. Yep. Couldn't hear the audio but at least you couldn't see what was actually broken.

I don’t care about MK, including their version of Space Mountain.

You speak as if 2005 was a year ago.

Californian Elitist

Your cynicism is deserved. When it comes to Tomorrowland, it's been bad for years now and they've got no one to blame but themselves.

Exactly. Also I’m just very skeptic because I don’t trust Disney to do a good job with anything, let alone something as big as a Tomorrowland re-do.

If we will continue to see Pixar Pier-level trash, I’d rather they leave Tomorrowland as is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom