delete

englanddg

One Little Spark...
This is extremely insider. I'd suspect you have a very detailed knowledge of the system. So, with that in mind, thanks for the post. However, I will counter, asking people to "handle" the system on their own is ridiculous. My numbers match your numbers.

1) The biometric reading is not new. No need to mention this to anyone that has been in the last 5 years or so. If it fails, I highly doubt it's because someone who used a KTTW in 2011 has trouble with finger scans.

2) So, what worked fine with KTTW and third party tickets is now a broken system that allows for GIGO, your post implies? Nice.

3) Once again, now I, the Guest, "need to do something" just to get my plastic band to work. As if it's my fault or my responsibility. How fun! There is nothing like standing in line at Guest Services that screams "awesome vacation" to me!

4) Again, this is no different than how the KTTW or other ticketing options acted before Magicbands. I don't really see how this is advice at all.

5) No one wants to visit Guest Relations on the first day outside of GAC people. No one. But, at every step you've proven one of my issues with MM+. It transfers all of the responsibility for the system working to the Guest. This is just backwards thinking.

"How to fix" should be "a CM will gladly help you resolve your situation", not read like a helpdesk knowledgebase / FAQ or to be told "go stand in a line for Guest Services".

Thanks, but no thanks. This is just a terrible implementation of what could be a fantastic technology, but one that was poorly tested, terribly implemented, and now, apparently, is being given a "party line" talking point where it's the "Guest's Fault" when things don't work.

I am not impressed.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Really confused?!?
It was a post with useful information...similar to his earlier post in another thread.

"Hey guys! So I see a lot of speculation and confusion about what is required as an AP in the new MyMagic+ system. Here's a quick rundown:

1. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS carry your plastic RFID-enabled annual pass—even if you have the MagicBand. I cannot stress this enough, and here's why:

a. Technically, MyMagic+ is still in the testing phase, and there are a large amount of bugs in the system that still are being resolved. AT ANY TIME, the system could possibly "remove" your ticket from your MagicBand (one of the most common bugs for APs at the moment), and the only possible way to avoid going to GR is having your plastic card. If you don't have it, they will IMMEDIATELY send you to GR.

b. The ONLY way to receive AP discounts is by having the plastic card. Disney does not yet have a way to identify APs solely by the MagicBand

c. A vacation planner or guest relations cast member is ALWAYS supposed to give you a plastic card copy of your AP (not paper, because these are no longer valid). If they refuse to, IMMEDIATELY request to speak to a manager, because they are not doing their job right

2. NEVER loan your AP (MB or plastic card) to a friend or relative for discounts. The CMs have a way of knowing this, and your admission rights will be permanently revoked without financial compensation.

3. Remember to use the same finger at every park, every time when entering. The "finger scanners" that are used are actually biometric readers—essentially a tiny camera takes a picture of your finger, and the size and shape are translated into a numerical value. THEY ARE NOT FINGERPRINT SCANNERS! If this were the case, you'd be able to lay any finger down on the scanner and it would work, but as many of you probably know, you can't do this. So be sure to use the same finger every time, and you will be just fine!"

I responded to his post, and then he edited it and changed the title of the thread. Not really sure why...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Sorry guys! Realized after reading over my post that the info I provided was a bit too "magic exposing." Am working on an edit that I'll post in the future!
Fair enough.

Though, you didn't really "expose" anything. If your senior leadership thinks you gave away anything, it really didn't.

But, as I said before, thanks for your post, and I can't wait to read your edits.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Just FYI... Now that they're preparing to roll MBs out to AP holders, they have separate non-RFID cards for both FLA Resident-APs and and regular APs that will get you your discounts and for regular APs, free parking.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Haha no... Just wanting to avoid any potential reprimands ;)

THIS is the nub of the problem with today's Disney, Not long ago if corporate policy interfered with the guest's experience POLICY was overridden and if enough overrides were registered policy was CHANGED as POLICY was not working.

Today's Disney guests are told this is POLICY and it does not change for ANYONE (ie LUMP IT and/or "Embrace the Suck")

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom