"Delayed" E tickets at EMH Rope Drop

yellowb

Original Poster
We have experienced a consistent delayed opening of E ticket attractions at EMH rope drop this week, and it happened at each of the parks. They all opened 20 or so minutes later, closer to full park opening. If a full pattern had not developed, I wouldn't be so skeptical. Has this become a "thing" outside of the Christmas peak season? It really appears that they used the delays to disperse the rope drop crowds, which really took away the advantage rope dropping.

nickys

Premium Member
Test Track and Rise are both well known for delays in opening. And 7dmt was often reported late opening back when they had the paid early morning event. The safari doesn’t open for early entry afaik.

What rides did you experience a delayed opening for?

yellowb

Original Poster
Test Track and Rise are both well known for delays in opening. And 7dmt was often reported late opening back when they had the paid early morning event. The safari doesn’t open for early entry afaik.

What rides did you experience a delayed opening for?
This week we saw Frozen, Test Track, Space Mountain, and Rise.

TrainsOfDisney

Just my best guess - it’s not intentional but they aren’t going to fix it either. Meaning some attractions take longer to startup than others, if they wanted all e-tickets up and running, they would call in those CM’s an hour early. But they are fine with delayed openings on most days.

At Disneyland it drives me crazy that they close rise 2 hours prior to park closing, but it saves the mouse some $$$.

gerarar

Premium Member
At Disneyland it drives me crazy that they close rise 2 hours prior to park closing, but it saves the mouse some $$$.
This and it opening late also on most days. Yet they can afford MMRR and SM having 60+ mins waits at close since people flock to those last minute. More CMs to operate Rise I guess..

This almost ruined my rope drop plans with a bunch of first timers this past November. Good thing I checked Reddit and other sites for advice and the tip that ROTR opens late (usually) and closes early. Instead we did BTMR, Space, and Matterhorn within the first hour of park opening which was awesome. We ended up doing Rise around 5pm and only waited 35 mins, which was a win in my book. We waited more for Pirates standby lol.

EatSalsa

This isn't intentional. Of course park management wants every ride to be operational, but if maintenance doesn't hand the ride over to operations in a timely manner, then it's really out of their hands. Operations has a checklist that must be completed as well, which usually takes hours (a complex ride like Rise definitely takes a couple hours I'm sure).

I worked at Figment and the openers for the attraction came in at 645 for a 9 am opening and we finished with the operational checklist at around 845. If maintenance didn't give us the ride until 730, then wed have a delayed opening because our checklist still must be done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom