Deepfaking The Lion King

ParkPeeker

I already don't want to watch the lion king remake, but honestly I would be even more turned off with the edit. What's the point, it essentially copied the look of the animated movie exactly, it's even less original, and even uncanny valleyish. At least the live action one offers vastly different visuals. Not impressed, and it doesn't make me want to spend money on it

champdisney

I already don't want to watch the lion king remake, but honestly I would be even more turned off with the edit. What's the point, it essentially copied the look of the animated movie exactly, it's even less original, and even uncanny valleyish. At least the live action one offers vastly different visuals. Not impressed, and it doesn't make me want to spend money on it
Exactly. This isn’t what Jon Favreau had envisioned when he said he wanted the characters to look as realistic as possible.

And look I wasn’t a fan of the expressionless wild animals at all, but it’s what we got. This fan edit looks creepy beyond belief.

Jim Chandler

Crazy but I thought the Live action was great. Yes animals did not show as much expression as the animated one I was still amazed with how they actually showed emotion. If you took the time to look at the eyes and the tilt of their heads you could see expressions. GREAT MOVIE IMO

Boojiboo

I loved the live action Lion King and how real the animals were. I didn't want to see cartoonish looking animals. I thought that was the whole point of the live action movie.

BrianLo

The saving grace of this movies justification for existence was the Nat-Geo like visuals.

Arguing that was the problem loses the whole point. Otherwise all one is arguing is that they prefer the original. 🤷‍♂️

Now that said... I like the look of original Simba in 3D in the still, which is more useful for bringing together disparate stylings between animated and CG into a unified park attraction, like a new Philharmagic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom