Decorative Lights on Balconies?

HouCuseChickie

I know lots of people decorate their windows and doors at the Mods & Vals regardless of the season. The Deluxes aren't as well equipped for this, but I recall seeing some balconies at WL and BLT/Contemporary that had holiday lights draped on the balconies when we visited in Dec of 2010. Does anyone know if there are any rules concerning lights on balconies? I'm just thinking my kids might enjoy this (OK- I have a little obsession w/light ;)) , but I don't want to break any rules.

PenelopePeach

We stayed at OKW & BWV last year and saw lots of balconies decorated with lights. It didn't seem to be an issue because we continuously saw the same balconies lit up.

I think you just can't do anything that would cause damage to the surface (stapling, duct tape, etc.)

We decorated with garland last year, we're planning to add some lights to it on our next trip this December.

Upvote 0

wiigirl

We almost always see balconies decorated.
75.gif

Upvote 0

gardenia

Just Don't. You can't decorate balconies without breaking the rules, at least at DVC resorts. And there are plenty of guests who don't appreciate "decorations" marring the look of any of Disney's beautiful resorts. Last year's statement to DVC members is below. Please. Don't.

Resort leaders offer holiday-decorating reminder

As Disney Parks and Resorts reflect the spirit of the season with a winter wonderland of holiday decorations, many Disney Vacation Club® Members are decorating their villas in similarly festive fashion.
While Disney Vacation Club welcomes the use of safe decorations that don't damage the finishes of the villa, resort leaders are reminding Members that all decorations should be contained within the villa interiors and therefore shouldn't extend to the balcony or other exterior areas.
This policy, included in Members' condominium documents, is designed to help preserve the carefully crafted architectural stories and visual themes for which Disney Parks and Resorts are famous.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Well, I guess that nixes that idea. The funny thing, I'm sure DH would be pleased about this...i.e. me not taking up cargo area with lights and other supplies. ;) Plus I'm sure I'd be alot less inclined to nap upon arrival if I had potential decorating to do.

Thanks for the info. :)

Upvote 0

hankhill

Stayed last year at Poly from Dec 23 to 30. Tree decorated in the room (small tabletop but lights and all), doorwrapped the room door with a big bow and had lights on the balcony. We got more compliments and housekeeping left us notes on how festive we were. No issues with this at all anywhere on property as far as we have seen (Pop year before). Merry Christmas.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom