Decline in number of Living Sea's inhabitants?

mwlillie

Original Poster
I don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere, but over the last five years or so I've perceived a decline in the number of "live" fish in the tanks by a significant degree. In reviewing videos for the 90's to now the decline is very noticeable. But, in the last five years the number of inhabitants seems to have declined by at least 30 to 40 percent.

I have to wonder if this is due to spillover from the “Blackfish” issuers, or is this more cost cutting?

Has anyone else noticed this?

Unplugged

I noticed this, and from a longer period of time. I thought it was indicative of the exhibit closing, even with the "new" Nemo attraction. It's too bad that it's fallen on such times as the Living Seas was a beautiful exhibit long ago. Now, especially the large reef tank, just seems so (excuse the phrase), dead. It's just plain depressing now.

Is this simply in line with the rest of EPCOT in that it's simply been allowed to wither? Is the current state not improved as it will be part of the upcoming EPCOT rejuvenation?!? Either way, it's a sad state for once was a beautiful exhibit.

ToTBellHop

Apparently, serving sizes for shark meals have declined in line with serving sizes for guests. Guests turn to Subway. We see where the sharks turn.

Little Green Men

There was a lot of fish when I was there last week. Especially during feeding time.

IMG_0701.JPG

IMG_0705.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

HauntedMansionFLA

This could be interpreted as a good thing. Attractions always stagnate before they get major new work.
Most of Future World needs an update. If they really want to take the pressure off the MK, refurb and update the rides in FW. I always said I would like a section educating the public about our seas, oceans and rainforest over at DAK. I thought the same thing about The Seas this past December that the fish looked a it sparse compared to past visits. I though The Nemo ride was excellent compared the last time I rode it.

jt04

Only in your own mind, as usual. Or signals from the mothership. Hard to tell the difference in your b#ll#cks anymore....

It is well known that when Disney is reimagining or closing an attraction it does not receive the same maintenance. That is just common sense for any business. Interesting that you disagree with that apparently. It is difficult to say for sure because you always resort to insults rather than explaining why you disagree with people. I have noticed you do that with many posters as though you are the forum thought police. You are not.

My original point stands.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It is well known that when Disney is reimagining or closing an attraction it does not receive the same maintenance. That is just common sense for any business. Interesting that you disagree with that apparently. It is difficult to say for sure because you always resort to insults rather than explaining why you disagree with people. I have noticed you do that with many posters as though you are the forum thought police. You are not.

My original point stands.
No, the moderators are. The same ones who gave you a vacation when you insisted on spouting some unsubstantiated prattle. Again....

Clamman73

Less fish = better water quality. A "full" tank will have more problems and need more water changes. An Aquarist who worked for me told an old boss - if we don't fix that overcrowding, nature will. 2 weeks later nature did and $5000 of fish died.
Right...and from the pics above, it's not like twice the amount of fish would make The Seas pavilion twice as better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom