DDR at DisneyQuest...

1stStarIC2nite

Original Poster
I think that would rock!!!!(For those of you who don't know, DDR is Dance Dance Revolution, which is a VERY fun dancing game) I think they could replace the AE attraction with it. The insides of the cabins would be split in half (two on each side) and there'd be the metal dance pads on the floor. And then there would be a huge screen right in front of you that would play it just like the game. You could go against your friend or just by yourself. The whole area where AE is now could be themed almost like a night-club or something.. Anyways, just a thought, I love the game and I think DQ would be a great place for this game.... plus, it's a great workout for the people who are watchin it on vacation!

TimeTrip

They do have DDR at Quest, and its a 1st mix (pretty much the worst DDR machine you can get). Not as elaborate as your suggestion either ;)

If you want your DDR fix... go to the Tomorrowland arcade, theres Disney's Rave. If you don't mind pump it up (which you SHOULDN'T.. the game is great), you can play prex at the Y+BC arcade, premiere 3 at the contemporary arcade, and prex 3 at the pop century arcade.

I think AMC theaters may have a DDR machine in there, but I haven't gone there in years ;)

Steamboat_Kevin

Oh no, DDR!
It always looks fun, but I will never play it in an arcade, cause I am terrible at those games and people come and watch you play it! :lookaroun :lol:

kurros

Yes, not only is the DDR Machine DDR USA but the contacts are shot.

They need to get DDR Extreme, would save me a lot of money (being a passholder) I end up spending at XS Orlando :)

Though DisneyQuest seems to specialize in ancient arcade games, anyway...

If you get a nice CM at EPCOT you can play the Disney Mix they have in Innoventions as long as you want

1stStarIC2nite

Original Poster
Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin
Oh no, DDR!
It always looks fun, but I will never play it in an arcade, cause I am terrible at those games and people come and watch you play it! :lookaroun :lol:

Yeah, it can really screw you up when a whole crowd come around an watch you. But these would be in a "private cabin" (what the vehicles were in AE) and the only people watching you would be you and your friend..

Oh! They could also hook up a video camera so you can take home a video of you dancing... which it sometimes can be HILARIOUS!

Actually, I would like anything there but AE. It now (in my opinion) has no purpose, and it's verrrryy boring and confusing. Anyone agree?

Grim Grinner

Too bad they got rid of the bootleg 3rd Mix machine from the inside of Pizza Planet at MGM. I have a lot of good memories of kicking serious butt with the song Ba Kwon. This was in 2002. The last time I was there in Oct. they had a basic DDR machine.

But back in the olden days, I was the only person who knew what DDR was, having been a fan since the first release. I was playing all of the Korean songs (which I didn't have on my legit copies of DDR). People took the time out of their Disney vacation to video recorder me... It was a strange feeling knowing that they could be anywhere in the Magic Kingdom, but would rather watch me.

TimeTrip

Originally posted by kurros
Yes, not only is the DDR Machine DDR USA but the contacts are shot.
The sad thing is that the one at Quest isn't even a DDR USA which is a somewhat respectable machine. There is a DDR USA machine still at Pizza Planet at MGM. I forgot that on my other list. You should stop in and try pump some time :). Also.. you can play Extreme at Citywalk (Motown Cafe) for cheaper than at XS, as long as you go after 6pm for the free parking :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom