DDP Food Portions vs Non DDP Food Portions

jaybob briggs

Original Poster
Some of the reviewers of the DDP are stating that if you are at a table service restaurant, the same meal ordered by a person on the DDP will be smaller than a person who is not on the DDP. Is this true?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Some of the reviewers of the DDP are stating that if you are at a table service restaurant, the same meal ordered by a person on the DDP will be smaller than a person who is not on the DDP. Is this true?
I've never noticed. If it's true, I'd hate to see the portions they serve non-DDP! Everything is served in portions that could feed a non-porcine family of four! :lol:

catne

I say that's people trying to justify not using the DDP! :ROFLOL: I'm always seeing claims that the wait staff service is worse, or you wait for your seats longer, etc. That has not been our experience at all. We ate non-DDP in May 2007, then did all DDP in May 2008...I did not notice any portion differences. In fact, we thought the serving sizes were large to extra-large everywhere on everything...snacks, counter service & table service. We never walked away hungry. In fact, most of the time we could barely finish (or didn't finish) the dessert. In 2007, with no DDP, we rarely had dessert, and were still full.

Erin_Akey

No way is it different. We have always eaten at Le Cellier and i get the same sirloin all the time with the mashed potatoes. The size has never changed from when we didn't use the dining plan. Same with 50's Prime time. I always get the same thing there for years and no changes.

Only change is trying to fit in all the food! It really is too much. We have found that sometimes we will skip either the app or desert. There is no point wasting food and the tips we now have to pay are based on what we actually order. So we only get what we feel we can all eat and the plan is STILL a huge value. Especially the deluxe for a family like ours that enjoys dinner shows and some of the signature dining.

disney magic 06

Quick question on the subject of DDP. Why do the receptionists at the restaurants ask if you're on the Dining Plan when you try to book a table? Does it mean you are more or less likely to get a table?

Quick question on the subject of DDP. Why do the receptionists at the restaurants ask if you're on the Dining Plan when you try to book a table? Does it mean you are more or less likely to get a table?

I don't know if it's true, but last Aug me and my boyfriend went to the California Grill. They asked if we were on the dining plan and we were not. The place was packed, we got seated within 15 mins of arriving and we got an AMAZING seat by the window right in front of the castle. The fireworks started as we were eating dessert. It was so perfect.

When we went to the Brown Derby, we were on the dining plan and we waited over 30 mins for a table. Maybe it was the dining plan or maybe it was just bad luck, I wouldn't know. Two different places so I can't really judge...lol

disney magic 06

Yes, when we were there in April we were not on the Dining Plan and made no adrs but we still ate everywhere we wanted to despite signs at Customer Relations saying all table service restaurants were full some days. Mostly we didn't even have to wait :shrug:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
There is no correlation between the question of whether you're on DDP and your wait times. They ask because the printout that goes with you to the table highlights to your wait staff that you're on DDP in order that they can advise when you order something not covered by the plan.

Any indication here to the contrary is purely anecdotal. Seemingly, you Americans love conspiracy theories :lol:

Jodileigh

We've done DDP twice and if that's the case, then you would have to be an elephant to finish the meal if you are non DDP! We've had lots and lots of food!! I would have to agree with whoever said it is someone who doesn't use DDP trying to justify it. Which really just cracks me up anyway! If you don't choose to use it, that's fine! It's personal choice! But don't bash it just b/c it isn't your personal choice!!

Jodi

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom